10 March 2006

Nothing much to report today - it`s been pissing down all day and I got completely soaked walking to see a shrine in Akasaka.

Tempura last night was fantastic. I even ate the salad (but that was only because the dressing appeared to be chillies in soy sauce and was hot enough to bring tears to my eyes - yum!) The Tempura chef spoke some English so we had a chat about Tokyo while he was cooking in front of me. Apparently he stayed in London 40 years ago when a friend brought him over to open a Tempura restaurant but he said it was difficult as the shrimps were too small to fry properly :) He recommended a good sushi place for tonight and then it`s an early night because I`ve found a pub that shows live premiership games (so they claim anyway) but they start at 6am. I think it`ll be borderline if I can wake up that early!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home