05 May 2008

This may seem like a complete surprise, a bit 'wooooooah, left field there mate!', but actually I'm not a super-organised person.

In fact, it would be fair to say my world is a little bit of chaos neatly wrapped in tornado of missed deadlines and last-minute fire fighting. And I'm not even talking about my personal life - that's even worse.

[As an aside, the member of the festival catering crew that dicked us over last year and left us with the debts has re-applied to the major charity we worked for in an attempt to provide catering for several festivals this summer (without us obviously, the complete toad). The major charity rejected him outright and told him he was banned from working for them for at least a year. On asking for clarification he received a letter containing the rather wonderful sentence :- "while it is acknowledged that you are an excellent fire-fighter when problems arise, it should also be noted that you tend to light 90% of the fires yourself." Now there's getting put down, getting bitch-slapped, and that.]

So anyway, in an effort to get this sorted I've decided to organise my paperwork properly*. This sounds simple, but I've not done any since I moved in ten years ago. It really is three large boxes of assorted papers in no discernible order.

The most surprising thing after having done half of it is how little I remember accurately about my life. For example, today I found that:

I own 310 shares in Tottenham Hotspur. I thought it was half that.

I have an entirely forgotten building Society account that had £21.66 in it in 1998. With compound interest it probably has nearly £22 in it now! Wooo! I'm rich! Yeah!

I found an invite to my friend Eleanor's 21st birthday party back in 1998. Sadly she died after her cancer returned just before the party and it was cancelled. I was in Poland visiting my Dad at the time and couldn't change my flights to get back for her funeral. Something I regret to this day. On a related note I found the service order for my Grandmother's funeral that was very nearly two years ago. Two years! Jesus. :(

My Student Loan total was £2000 and not the £800 I thought I'd borrowed. Plus I got a Graduate Loan when I finished as well. I also seem to have had a 'who can get the highest credit-rating' competition with someone I can't remember (judging from the amount of credit cards and loans I took out and paid off in full. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?)

My mortgage is now £20k higher than I bought my house for. What the fuck? How did I manage that?**




Ah well. I've had a great weekend in Oxford with my friend F - even going as far as dancing in a club when sober. It's amazing what the presence of a few hot women will make a man do.....

In addition to having fun, I'm now ticket-tout scum after flogging our UEFA Cup final tickets (we applied when Spurs were still in it and won 2 tickets in the lottery) to some mental Rangers fans for ten times their face value. Go me. I think I'm going to buy GTA4 and an XBox/PS3 after playing it on F's on Saturday until 4am, ha ha.

Go Team Stats/Gestapo Man from Raiders Of The Lost Ark/Red Squirrel*** :)


*Actually I had the morbid thought that if I died tomorrow then no-one would have a clue where insurance documents/wills/pathetically small savings account were. So I'm taking time out of being alive to not inconvenience other people when I'm dead. I'm undecided if this is weird or not.
**I had lots of holidays. Lots and lots of really amazing holidays. I'm so cool.
***Delete as applicable. Depends how you know me I guess.....

4 Comments:

At 6 May 2008 at 00:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange the gap between the online world and the real world. In the real world bar discussion tonight the 'tout money' was evidently earmarked for reducing credit card bills. Yet I note in the online world it is buying an xbox/ps3!

This is totally sad and outrageous behaviour which highlights the struggles you have with judgement and reality. It also shows the lack of focus and clarity in your life. The PS3 is clearly the one to get.

 
At 6 May 2008 at 10:23, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I'm buying an X-Box (on recommendation) and using the rest to reduce credit card debt.

It is possible to do both *rolls eyes*

 
At 7 May 2008 at 18:38, Blogger . said...

It's my 32nd birthday today. The squirrel and his nuts may congratulate me on...uh...not being dead yet?

Oh, and I'd quite like a Nintendo DS, thanks. Pink, 'cause I are a gurl.

 
At 7 May 2008 at 20:28, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Oooh, congratulations on being nearly as old as me :)

When you reach my venerable age you may have a DS, until then you're just too darn young. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home