25 April 2008

Talking of songs going round and round my head (as I was yesterday), today I have this repeating itself. Catchy as a catchy thing made of little hooks. Caught in a net.

Yeah.

I dreamt last night of a nice cold bottle of beer - and then just as I went to swig it I remembered that I'm not supposed to be drinking. Sober even in my dreams. I'm so rock'n'roll*

And while we're on music, to my eternal shame I bought the Newton Faulkner album this week (I blame Virgin Radio - which I listen to all day at work to drown out the silence of clever people resigned to the fact that clicking a button once an hour is all they'll ever do for the rest of their lives - for corrupting my poor ickle brain). I'm hoping the simultaneous purchases of a couple of early Primal Scream albums, the Dandy Warhols and a Snow Patrol album may be mitigating circumstances.

Don't judge me too harshly - I was once human too! ;-)


*116 days sober now. If I make it to a year it's going on my achievements list. For those that know me you'll know it's like Peter Sutcliffe not taking his tool bag with him when visiting a prostitute....

4 Comments:

At 26 April 2008 at 00:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a great comparision on the Peter S front.

Top achievement on the alco free scale tho.

And now I have to decipher a mess of letters that looks like someone has been playing Scrabble a bit too close to the gas fire.... u may never read this.. and is orpwpbj in the dictionary?

er... obviously not. Its probably that bj bit. Now they want esmpknx. Good score using that x.

 
At 26 April 2008 at 09:15, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Are you doing that from your smentic mobile?

I was just thinking of two things that go together. In hindsight tea and biscuits would've been better than murdering prostitutes.

At least that's what the judge said. Boom boom :)

 
At 27 April 2008 at 21:58, Blogger weenie said...

Great beer clip! :-) I applaud your willpower!

I love Newton Faulker's 'Dream Catch Me' - what's the rest of the album like?

 
At 28 April 2008 at 10:10, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I like that song and 'I Need Something' which was why I bought it. The other 14 songs are nowhere near that standard sadly....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home