02 May 2008

I've been off work ill for the last couple of days (some sort of nasty stomach bug that is 'going around apparently'*) and while I'm at work now I feel like keeling over at any moment. Too expensive not to turn up though :(

On a positive note however, the following song has been in my head for years and years as a kind of folk-memory (in that I can remember it, remember liking it but could never remember who it was by or exactly how it went. Um, I'm not sure that makes sense. Whatever.) Thanks be to The Independent for giving away a free CD on saturday with it on.

I am, obviously, talking about Crash by The Primitives. Awesome! :)

Round 2 of the experiment this weekend as it's a new payday. Woo!

*funny how no-one ever tells you that something is 'going round' until you have it.

5 Comments:

At 3 May 2008 at 17:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving the new look here!

I keep on applying to Bristol and the rejections letters keep on coming back....

 
At 3 May 2008 at 20:07, Blogger . said...

Wow. Orange eyeshadow, so stylish.

(The burd on the video, not you of course...unless you have ladyboy tendencies you're not telling us about)?

 
At 5 May 2008 at 21:42, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Charbs - keep plugging away. It'll all work out!

nichola - no ladyboy tendencies that I'm aware of, sorry.

 
At 6 May 2008 at 10:31, Blogger weenie said...

While I was at uni, one of the coolest bands I remember playing at the campus were the Primitives - in between tracks, there were the usual shouts of "Get yer tits out", to which the lead singer replied "You're a couple of tits, you get out!" Classic! :-)'Crash' is ace and is a regular play on my ipod. I recall at the time there were quite a few indie/rock bands with female lead singers, eg St Etienne and Transvision Vamp - must have a root round my CD collection...

 
At 7 May 2008 at 20:29, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

You saw them live?

All bow down to Weenie! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home