30 November 2006

Woo-hoo! Car is collected and now mine! Mine I tells ye!

Anyway, on the drive back to Bristol last night I listened to radio 5 (as is my wont in the car) and there was a discussion about a new book some american had just published called 'Social Intelligence'. Apparently it was the same bloke who came up with the term 'Emotional Intelligence'. Social Intelligence is all about how you interact and empathise with people in social situations.

The man's name was Dan Goldman. I now hate him.

You see, ten years ago there was Intelligence. It was measured in IQ points and I was up there in the top 1-2% in the UK. Great.

Then Emotional Intelligence came out and if that was measured in IQ points I'd probably score a 20 or something - making me an emotional retard no doubt. So I went from 100% genius to 50% genius, but that's okay - it's not that bad.

Now, with Social Intelligence rearing its head - and knowing my spectacular lack of empathy I can't score highly - I've gone from 100% genius to two thirds retard in ten short years. :(

I always though it would be the beer that destroyed my brain, instead it turns out to be fat, self satisfied, american 'psychologists'.

Bastards.

Still, sod 'em, Arsenal lost last night :)

4 Comments:

At 30 November 2006 at 15:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad grades in school? It's okay, you're socially intelligent.

God bless America.

 
At 1 December 2006 at 12:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So your coming to Leicester?

 
At 5 December 2006 at 15:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's on in Leicester? I've been there twice. Not much happens really except once I saw a drunk bloke rub his crotch on the back of his mate's head to a Justin Timberlake tune! V odd, yet most amusing...

 
At 5 December 2006 at 15:42, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Don't forget someone sticking a beer bottle down some crack-whore's underwear....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home