20 November 2006

Right, well last week was kind of okay. Very busy all week (apart from weekday evenings, of course).

I spent a lot of time emailling people when I was bored (because busy doesn't always mean interesting :) ) and made a couple of new friends to help me with work-avoidance. Got to plan ahead for these things :)

The biggest bummer of last week is that I'm unable to realistically change my flights back from Oz after the ashes test (the next available flight is the 18th Jan, or I buy another ticket for 3 days - which not even I could justify that level of self-indulgence). So I'm now back on the 31st. Not going to complain though - I get to see an Ashes test down-under! Yay!

Next on the list is the Monaco Grand Prix, then the World Cup, then the cricket World Cup, then Spurs in the Champion's League final (in something like 2057).

And I now have two more people who want to meet up for beers while I'm in Melbourne which will be uber-cool, and someone to meet at Singapore airport during my lengthy stopover on the way back (all very odd, but would be nice if it comes off :) ). So I was feeling all popular by Thursday.

Then it kinda went downhill. Firstly my good friend Mike who was coming down to stay for the weekend had to cancel due to lack of funds (hopefully he'll be down before xmas though), then the irish girl informed me she was on a date on the friday - which I was actually okay with at the time - and then was full-on going out by saturday morning. That made me all sad again so, once I'd recovered from my hangover on saturday after a cracking night with the boys in the local on friday, I went to see the Bond film to cheer me up. And it worked while I was there (I'd heartily recommend it - one of the best Bond's yet), but a couple of beers and a chat to a friend in Scotland until 5am made me all :( again.

So fuck it, she's kicked into touch and on ignore until I stop caring. Which may be a week or may be never.

Yesterday I cooked more crisps, then watched the LOTR film with girl 1 while also cooking my Fat Bastard pasta bake (arctic explorers can survive a month on one slice). It was a nice evening but then either something didn't agree with me or I had a bug because I felt terrible and barely slept.

So late start (again, third monday in a row) which worked out wonderfully as I got a call on the way from a Bristol based recruitment agency that I've worked with before (and whom aren't bastards like the rest of them) who have a permie role coming up - in Bristol - that's paying an okay wage and most importantly of all - gives you free beer (it's a alcohol distributors) :)

So my CV is on it's way. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 21 November 2006 at 21:17, Blogger Charby said...

fingers crossed!

 
At 25 November 2006 at 16:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You only say it might be nice if we met in Singapore because you know I'm reading this! I CAN SMELL YOUR FEAR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home