07 December 2005

I'm just about recovered from the weekend now. Saturday was a bit excessive! I had an old friend and her bloke up for the day (while they arranged the pick up of a large quantity of the stuff they like to smoke - people actually buy in bulk for xmas! It hadn't occured to me that they would before...) so we started on the beers about 2:30, drank for four hours straight then went for a curry. About 8:30 they left to get their train back and I went home and had a total black-out (which hasn't happened for years).

Piecing together the text messages exchanged that night plus a couple of conversations with those involved has led me to the following conclusions:

1) I went out and bought another 8 bottles of beer despite being very much pissed already.
2) I met GGTW1 at some point, made an arse of myself and apologised for it. Not sure exactly what I did yet!
3) Sent a lot of very random (but not offensive or stupid thankfully) texts to girl 1 who was out having a meal with a friend of hers.
4) Watched Match of the day apparently and left a voicemail on my Dad's phone for two minutes, during which the only intelligible thing is the TV in the background and the word 'football'.
5) Chatted to girl 1 and friend when they got back. Girl 1 is currently not speaking to me.
6) I'm not drinking this week.

Sunday was obviously slow and as I had already purchased a chicken to do a full roast dinner it wasn't until 9pm before I managed to start eating. I left early (for me) on Monday morning to get up here and it took ages - much longer than usual, meaning I have to get in early a couple of times this week to make up my hours... :(

A nice change yesterday though - got a call from a pimp who has a permie job in Bristol on the cards coming up in the new year (I finish here at the end of Jan so could be perfect). It's just south of the city (about a 30-45 min drive in the morning) and the money's not great at all (to start with) but it's a) in Bristol, b) it's using Domino so I don't have to retrain yet and c) it's in Bristol. I've put my CV forward anyway....

And a very strange thing happened last night. I was in the pub (watching the Pool v Chelsea match and drinking diet coke as our leccy meter is stuffed and we have no hot water or electricity at the moment) about 9pm when a group of about 25 men and (one or two quite fit) women came in to celebrate a birthday. While nipping to the loo I bumped into the birthday boy himself you greeted me with a 'Hi [my name]!' as we passed. I didn't recognise him at all but I've met a few people in the pub over the weeks during the quiz when I've had a beer or two so put it down to me forgetting him. About 5 minutes later and he comes over and asks me to take a photo of the whole group together which I happily do. On handing the camera back to him (in front of the whole group) he say's 'Thanks [my name]. I saw your brother in town at the weekend!'

Cue silence. I don't have a brother. I inform him of this, much to the amusement of his mates. 'No,' he says, 'you know - Trev!' (Like I'd suddenly say - 'oh! *That* brother I never knew I had. Of course...') Sadly I have tell him that whilst my name is [my name] I most definitely don't have a brother.

It transpires that I'm the spitting image of this bloke Trev's brother - who happens to also be called [my name]! Freaky coincidence. I wonder if he supports Spurs too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home