18 October 2005

Where to start? Probably where I left off, which I think was Thursday (brain power at a premium today). Friday was work (obviously) followed by early finish as had booked cinema tickets in Bristol for ten to nine. Was supposed to be meeting K and L there (girl 1 had been unable to make it) but they had a baby-related incident to deal with (not sure what exactly, there appears to be an endless list of things that can go wrong with babies) so it ended up as just me at the cinema.

I hate being on my own at the cinema, it makes me look like a Billy No Mates (which isn't entirely true). Wallace & Gromit film was, however, excellent - spoilt only by a bunch of chavettes talking all the way through the film. Once the people near them had gently suggested that they 'shut the fuck up' they left ten minutes before the end shouting abuse at everyone. Definitely the shallow end of the gene pool....

So early to bed (for me) on friday night meant tres early start on saturday morning (11-ish). Bought a fireplace which will hopefully be installed before the end of the year - something magical about a real log fire bubbling away in the corner (and cat 1 will be unlikely to move from in front of it). Fireplaces are quite expensive but it's probably an investment putting a victorian-style one back into a victorian house. I'll have to find somewhere else to put the stereo though!

Did all my paperwork, washing etc., then headed up north to see S and D in preparation for C and D's (different D obviously) wedding on the sunday. Went for 'a beer or two' in da Zouch on saturday night but ended up in a club showing S's sister-in-law quite how bad Ciro's nightclub is. I don't remember drinking that much, honestly.

Felt ok Sunday morning and was all suited and booted for the church service at 1pm. Wedding was really good (as weddings go) and a fun time was had by all (except for me after I had an orange juice rather than a Pimms before lunch and was, in a violent and prolonged way, very ill indeed. The suspicion abounds that this was in fact vodka and orange and my liver reacted in the only way it knows). Lunch was intermittent but I felt okay halfway through the main course and that settled things down. The weather had been amazing all day (20-odd degrees in October with blue skies and bright sunshine) and the setting superb (a country mansion just outside Loughbrough). We even had a bright full moon to walk amongst the grounds under. Would have been very romantic if I'd had someone with me or indeed wasn't ill again at this point.... :)

Evening came and I managed to keep a beer down and enjoy the festivities a bit more - caught up with lots of C's mates I hadn't seen for ages who were old drinking buddies and a great laugh (plus F who was amazing, and whom I may catch up with in London in a fortnight's time). All in all, a top day - just wish I'd been on top form (and got F's number to boot)....

Started slowly enough on Monday and got up here at midday (car trouble apparently ;) ). Boss back so had to do work even though I felt like death warmed up (and rapidly cooling down). Got back to the northern flat at 7 and went to bed as liver was playing up....

I may have bird flu....

Plenty of work today and think I'll stay off the beers for a bit!

2 Comments:

At 19 October 2005 at 11:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which sort of bird has given you that flu?

 
At 19 October 2005 at 13:10, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I think it was called 'Old Speckled Hen'.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home