08 November 2005

Righty-ho, busy busy busy few days. It looks like I'm finally over my cold though it did make me miss hooking up with girl 3 on sunday (one or two beers on saturday potentially contributing to illness, admittedly). Thankfully am now meeting girl 3 this coming sunday instead so will let you know how it goes.

Hopefully an awful lot better than the last person I met after emailling without seeing a photo. She said she was a babe, which I'd taken with a pinch of salt. Turned out she had 5 o'clock shadow on a face like a smacked arse. I've seen a photo of girl 3 so should be okay - though text conversation with T on saturday night reminded of his on-line dating experiences which have included photos over 5 years old, someone else's photo and doing a runner from a pub while she went to the toilet! I wish I'd kept his email detailing his adventures - comedy gold... :)

Car has been estimated and am waiting for an actual quote/booking date to get it fixed. No news from the police yet - not even a reference number. It's not like I live in Paris where they're torching 2 thousand cars a night - how can it take a week to even generate an automatic letter stating that they're looking into it? And the police want powers to hold people for 90 days without charge to process all the evidence gathered!?! The average policeman might have figured out how to switch the confiscated computer on by then....

On the topic of thicko coppers - apparently there is no minimum academic requirement to join the police in the UK. You don't even have to able to read and write. For some reason that fact didn't surprise me when I heard it - must be my cynical nature coloured by numerous meetings with plainly dumb policemen/women....

Anyway - new fireplace gets fitted today which will be grate (ahem)! Can't use it until saturday though when I get the chimney swept. I know what I'm doing saturday night.... :)

Organising work to be done on the flat is incredibly difficult from up here. I had a plumber in yesterday and the fireplace guy today. Luckily girl 1 has been a bit of a hero and switched her shifts round to let the guys in before she goes to work.

Apart from that, nothing much new has happened. Well, Spurs finally lost away to Bolton last night when we were truly shafted by a linesman but we deserved a point at least. It's about time underperforming refs and linos get fined some serious cash when they're shite - that'd teach them not to ruin a chap's quiet pint while watching the game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home