25 October 2005

Oops, I've been a bit lax. I didn't have access to the web while I was in germany but I should have written something yesterday. Unfortunately I was far too shattered (and am not much better today, to be honest)....

Nothing much happened last Friday. I had a brief evening over at my gran's on the Thursday night for some food and a game of crib (top marks to GGTW1 for throwing out his three person crib board - it has been most useful) and headed down to Stansted early afternoon. The A1 is a deeply depressing road that is practically impossible to speed on with the number of cameras set up (not that you have the option to speed anyway due to the number of lorries overtaking other lorries for 3 miles up a hill). I'm glad I left plenty of time to get there!

The flight was uneventful, with narry a bit of eye-candy to help pass the time. Ryanair obviously hire their flight attendants from the one town in the Czech republic full of ugly people. Dad picked me up from the airport and we got to my sister's house about 10:30. A quick meal and several beers later had us trying to blow up a double air mattress with the World's Most Inefficient Pump (TM) at 2am, accompanied (as is traditional) with lots of muffled swearing and people saying 'Sssshh!'. We gave up in the end and I just slept on the floor.

It was good to see the one part of the family I quite like and in no time at all I was back at Stansted again, dog tired (babies don't seem to grasp the concept that Sundays are for sleeping), pretty happy with our point at Old Trafford (german satellite TV had the game live - yes!), and wondering how I was ever going to survive the next 4 hours of driving. I did decide to go to Barcelona soon though after observing the people reclaiming luggage at carousel 6 at 11pm. Hubba Hubba....

It was after 3am on Monday before I dropped into bed, only to rise what felt like minutes later to go to work. Was a complete zombie all day until the diet coke kicked in about 5pm, and then foolishly went and did the local pub quiz with my uncle last night. We won (free beer - yay!) on a tie-break when I really could have used the sleep instead. Definitely early night tonight....

Except that, well, sleep is hard to come by because I'm thinking too much about next year at the moment. Should I stay in this contract is an extension is offered? Should I actively start looking for work near southern home? Should I start my own business (but doing what? Candles? Road paint? Drainpipe? Deliveries? All ideas discussed in a preliminary way)? Should I buy a franchise (looking less likely as it doesn't feel right)? Or should I just have another beer and go to sleep?

The latter, methinks......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home