10 April 2008

This wasn't the serious post I was going to make, but who cares....


I have lots of faults, I readily recognise them on a daily basis. In fact, I'm second only to my sister in being my harshest critic.

Because of that I can (and very often do) find fault in others. I mean, judge everyone equally right? If I can be honest about my own faults why should I ignore and cover up those of others?

I think, therefore, that I'm perceived as overly-critical of people when I'm just being brutally honest. This is another of my faults (see, I'm good at this!)

Which brings me to my point - I don't like 'me' very much. Okay, I have good points but overall I think my bad points outweigh my good ones. If I don't like 'me', then how can I expect anyone else to like me (by like I mean find attractive, I guess)? Of course some have, and I'm sure there are some out there that do, but how could I then in turn like someone who clearly has rubbish taste in men? :-P

So, Plan A - either be comfortable about who and what I am, or remove those bits of who I am that I don't like and replace them with bits that I do.

Plan B is give up on women and become an atheist monk. I hope it doesn't come to that....

3 Comments:

At 11 April 2008 at 08:08, Blogger weenie said...

Everyone has their own faults.

I always tend to see the good in people, so gloss over their bad bits, but perhaps that's just me.

As for brutal honesty - unfortunately, whilst honesty should be the best policy, in reality, it isn't.

 
At 12 April 2008 at 14:33, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I see people's good points and don't gloss over the bad I guess.

I'm a truly rubbish liar so will always be honest.

Not saying it's a good thing.......

 
At 17 April 2008 at 11:25, Blogger Unknown said...

So basically you're human.

Be happy.

(ninestein)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home