22 February 2008

Ashes and Diamond, foe and friend. We were all equal in the end.

Picture the scene. A deserted petrol station in a provincial town, our handsome* hero enters and purchases some milk, some bread and some biscuits (Milk Chocolate Digestives to be exact). He approaches the counter.

"Is that all?" asks the shop assistant. Our hero nods in a manly and dignified manner.

"Only we've got some really good deals on beers and wines," adds the assistant hopefully.

"No thanks," replied our hero, "I really have given up for a year."

Just like I told you last time, he thought.

"For the football, with your friends, 5 litres for nine ninety nine," he persisted, waving a miniture keg of Heineken at me.

"No really, I really have given up."

"Ah," he said, nodding.

"Boddingtons, four for three ninety nine?"


_______________________________________________________________


I've been thinking of sprucing this place up (after all, I am supposedly a web designer or sorts) but I'm basically too lazy**

I did consider adding one of those jukebox thingies that seem so popular on blogs nowadays but I've found they annoy me as the page freezes for a few seconds while it loads, then it blares out to the entire world that 'actually, hey, I'm NOT DOING ANY WORK!!!!'

Plus while the first time they load you may think 'that's a cool track' maybe once, possibly twice - generally you just look at their music taste and think 'they like that!?!' *snortle* ***

So no, maybe if I get very bored I'll add a picture or something. A sunset perhaps.


_______________________________________________________________

I got told off for being weird this week (when I didn't think I particularly was), so in the general spirit of things heres 5 things about me that I would consider are a bit weird.

I realise this probably isn't helping me prove that I'm not weird :)

1) I'm ridiculously unhairy. That in itself isn't weird, lots of people are unhairy. I do however have hairless arms, and that is odd. ****

2) I spin pens as a subconscious habit, but without using my thumb or little-finger. It's something I do for hours and hours on end at work. For some reason people who see it think it's really cool, as opposed to really, really sad. You have to turn your head to one side but this is what I mean.




3) You may or may not be able to tell from that video but I have deformed little fingers. My first and second knuckles are fused together meaning if I put my hands together they form a little Y. This is generally considered 'cute'.

4) On a similar theme I have webbed toes. Not all of them - I'm not a freak thank you very much - just a couple on each foot.

5) I'm allergic to all surfactants (soap, washing-up liquid, washing powder, shampoo etc. etc.) and rubber. I am the king of avoiding washing up :)


________________________________________________________________

* yeah right, of course

** lazy is vastly underrated in my book. When I can be bothered to think about it

*** that's a word made-up by me, feel free to use it. Unlike a *chortle* which can only really be done to yourself, or a *snort* which should be kept to yourself, a *snortle* can be shared with the world. That's how generous I am.

**** I have a chest hair though. Just the one. It's called Number Six as every now and then it drops out only to grow back in the same place. I may reach Number Twelve before I die.

4 Comments:

At 25 February 2008 at 23:07, Blogger weenie said...

To be weird or not weird is just personal perception?

Therefore, I shan't be commenting on what's weird or not - I'm hardly the least weird person in the world...lol! ;-)

 
At 26 February 2008 at 19:11, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Ooooh, what's weird about you then? :)

 
At 27 February 2008 at 19:45, Blogger weenie said...

Probably too many to mention...might be easier to ask 'what's NOT weird' - lol! :-)

 
At 27 February 2008 at 23:06, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Hmmm, will ask on email then ;-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home