13 February 2008

Some friends of mine are putting on a children's production at a major theatre in Bristol - all in the name of charity. They did this last year to over 2000 people with a cast of 120 children (aged from 5 to 18). I even went along (theatre is so not me) and *gasp* enjoyed it. It was pretty impressive seeing as they only had 48 hours to rehearse from start to finish.

Anyway, they're currently casting for this year, which requires auditioning over 750 spoilt little brats over two days before inviting a hundred or so back for recalls.

I found out last night at girl1's leaving do (three years as a lodger, *sniff*) - as she is one of those putting on this production - that one 8 year old, when asked which song he was going to sing for his audition, replied in pure Bristolian "I dunno, SpiderPig I guess". Ha ha ha. Nice try kid.




3 Comments:

At 14 February 2008 at 15:34, Blogger weenie said...

See the kids of today have Homer Simpson as a role model....scary!

Nice to see you enjoying something different! I don't do a lot of theatre myself but do enjoy the odd show/musical.

 
At 14 February 2008 at 21:37, Blogger BB said...

LOL - then again, it's no entirely their faults. Some only have the parents to blame ;)

Then again, I don't know what's worse...pushy parents or precocious teenagers who've been told constantly that they're amazing when they're not. I've encountered both. Scary to say the least.

SpiderPig though? Jeez.

 
At 14 February 2008 at 22:36, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Oh god yeah, the parents are almost as bad. Some of these kids though, grrrr - selfish, indisciplined *and* precocious....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home