16 October 2007

I forgot this yesterday!

I got a letter from the VAT man that wasn't the usual return form. Since they merged with the Inland Revenue (and since they investigated me last year - and found nothing, I'm a good boy *bats eyelids* ) they've become a tad scarier so a letter from them is usually a fine, a threat, a threat of a fine or an appointment for a stoning.

So imagine my surprise when I got the following letter in the post:


Yes, that's right - they printed out my address and sent it to me (presumably in case I'd forgotten where I lived while inside).

Though what puzzles me is how someone neatly folded it up and posted it to me without noticing. I hope the letter wasn't supposed to contain anything important :-/

3 Comments:

At 17 October 2007 at 09:55, Blogger weenie said...

Invisible ink?

I'd call them if I were you, just in case there was something important that they were supposed to send you...

 
At 17 October 2007 at 10:08, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I did that this morning! Turns out to be an invite to a seminar with 36 (Thirty Six!!!!!) Government departments and agencies entitled 'How to give more of your money to us each month' or something similar.

36! 36! I'm wide-eyed in astonishment that there are that many just to do with business. Still, at least I know where all my tax money goes :-o

 
At 18 October 2007 at 09:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do svidaniya, mo fo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home