12 October 2007

One night earlier this summer, whilst working the overnight shift at the Glade festival, I met a most interesting chap. The best thing about working the overnight is that you get to pick the music to listen to all night and this particular shift I was listening to Farewell Ferengistan by Banco de Gaia and serving beer and chips (a winning combination I'm sure you'll agree) to various people dragging themselves back from the festival site at 3am.

One particular customer - after turning to leave having been served - suddenly spun back round, pointed at the speaker behind me and exclaimed with a glassy look in his eye, "That's my sister!"

[Note: Glade is a dance music festival and as such I was possibly the only person on site not taking class A drugs all week. Our head chef - it turned out - was taking 20+ pills a day. It certainly would explain some of the cooking. Anyway, the point is that glassy eyed people pointing at things and exclaiming strange things like 'What's that dinosaur!?!" in a strangled tone were not uncommon.]

After tentatively engaging in conversation with the man, it turned out that the singer of the song was in fact his sister after all and she was part of a kinda hippy two-piece calld Dragonsfly who knew Toby Marks (who is Banco de Gaia). He'd liked the track so much that he'd remixed it and added it to his last album.

I was reminded of this when idly flicking through tracks on my hard drive this afternoon and coming across the track in question. It really is a beautiful song and I urge you to listen to it.

And because I am so ASTONISHINGLY generous, you can all download We All Know The Truth (You Have God) here. (You have 7 days from now, so get to it.)

It is long and it's best listened to LOUD! You can all thank me later :-P

2 Comments:

At 12 October 2007 at 22:54, Blogger weenie said...

Ok, I downloaded it and it wasn't what I was expecting - I'm not sure what I was expecting actually! Still, it was quite pleasant in a techno relaxing kind of way. I'll try listening to it a few more times and give you a proper verdict! :-)

 
At 13 October 2007 at 00:14, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

It's best if you turn the lights off and sit back with your eyes closed. I think it's a truly beautiful song *smiles wistfully*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home