29 June 2007

I'm awake at a stupidly late hour and can't sleep for some reason (a complete mystery as to why that would be).

Anyway, I was chatting to someone tonight about which TV series I'd downloaded recently (Oh Torrents! We worship at your feet!) I was going to watch this evening - and he laughed - he LAUGHED - at the idea I might watch the pilot for the remake of Battlestar Galactica. Young people, they have no respect *shakes head*

One, there's nowt wrong with watching sci-fi. Plenty of people watch Lost and that's barmier than just about any sci-fi series I've ever seen - even nuttier than that film about genetically enginered locusts that ate people I saw last month. It was called 'Day Of The Locusts'. Classy.

Two, I'm old enough to remember the original Battlestar Galactica with Face from the A-Team as Starbuck. Along with CHIPS and Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, that was my saturday evening viewing :)

Ah, Buck Rogers. With Wilma Deering. My first crush. I found this picture:



Oh my. Takes me right back :)

Always fallen for brunettes since!

The original Battlestar Galactica ('A rag-tag fleet....' etc.) was fantastic, although slightly dated ;)



The remake is incredibly well done. I don't know what the series is like (*ahem* downloading at the moment) but the pilot was excellent.

Plus the women are a slight improvement :)


None of them are a patch on Wilma :)

I should know what all of things like 24, Lost and BG are like - but Sky always schedules them in midweek or Sunday nights and as a contractor I'm always away from home at those times. Of course, now Sky and Virgin Media have fallen out I can't watch them anyway. Great timing on the working from home *rolls eyes*

On the plus side, Floyd - in my unbiased opinion the best pet in the world ever - has finally accepted me as being home and is now my cat again. Between us we spend about 20 hours a day asleep and most of that is curled up next to each other. He's beyond cute.

Here he is as a treat! Awwwwwww. :)

5 Comments:

At 29 June 2007 at 16:26, Blogger Charby said...

Floyd is cute! I love seeing him on CatCam!

But me and you can no longer be friends now the Good Bent has fucked off to join the yids!

 
At 29 June 2007 at 17:09, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Great. Two in a week *rolls eyes*

Women *shakes head*

 
At 4 July 2007 at 12:49, Blogger weenie said...

When I was a kid watching Buck Rogers, I wanted to be Wilma Deering, but never understood why she went all girlie and pathetic-like over Buck who had a bit of a gut on him...

I also loved the original Battlestar Galactica series so was pretty sceptical of the new one until my colleague loaned me the pilot series and then series 1.

If you can tear yourself away from the fluffy memories of Dirk Benedict, then just enjoy the new series which has great storytelling and some interesting characters, including the guy who played Apollo in the original series appearing as a recurring character.

And is Bent really worth the same as Henry? :-)

 
At 4 July 2007 at 22:32, Blogger weenie said...

I'm not religious but even I'm praying fervently that Torres doesn't do a Shevchenko!

 
At 5 July 2007 at 11:57, Blogger weenie said...

Have already consigned the kiss of death to my team with a wager, so I don't want to curse our striker just yet! Hey, you signed up to myfootballclub.co.uk yet? If not, why not? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home