12 June 2007

A good day all round.

Well 95% good and 5% I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!!!!

The good was that I got loads done (Jen is on holiday for the week so I have less distractions than normal ;) ), on all three projects/jobs. Plus it's lovely and sunny and Floydy and I have been happily curled up on the sofa doing work (sleeping is an occupation for a cat, after all).

So I took some of this afternoon off to create amusing photoshopped pictures for the f365 forum (on the right somewhere --->), and drank lots of tea.

I've been sober and veggie for a week. My body doesn't know what's going on :)

The bad bit is that one of the gang of four festival people has revealed tonight that in fact when he said 'sale or return' he actually meant 'cash & carry'. Right, cheers, so that's only another ten thousand pounds we need to invest in alcohol we could be left with at the end of the season. I'm getting a bit sick of rewriting all my spreadsheets because certain people are fucktards.

Ahhh, calm. Chill. *deep breaths*

I think I'm going to play some pool. After a disasterous last session I'm now only 12-11 up in our 'first to a hundred contest' :)

6 Comments:

At 12 June 2007 at 22:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll help out with any leftovers!

 
At 12 June 2007 at 22:46, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Nice try, no dice :-P

 
At 13 June 2007 at 08:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't lose - the amount per drink you get to charge at a festival compared to the wholesale cost. You could probably have 50% stock left and make money. Then you can get back to serious drinking afterwards!

So go on - double your order! I will help carry home afterwards ;)

 
At 13 June 2007 at 08:48, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

That's not really the point. Buy 10k at sale or return, sell 7k for 14k, return 3k = profit 7k.

Buy 10k up front, sell 7k for 14k, left with 3k = profit 4k.

Seeing as we're running on a tight budget in the first year that little detail could be the difference between viable/non-viable.

 
At 14 June 2007 at 10:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy 10k up front, sell 7k for 14k, left with 3k = profit 4k + massive house party (@Steve's), charging cost + 10% and make many new friends + retain existing ones...

 
At 14 June 2007 at 11:04, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

It's a thought. You're kinda forgetting I don't have total say over all of this ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home