06 June 2007

Well a busy but great day!

Am hideously hungover today though so I've decided to give up drinking for a while. Yes, yes, I know I've said it before many a time but I mean it this time!

So yesterday then. Well, we went on site at Womad to see where we might put our 80 by 30ft marquee. The place is sooooo nice, just out in the middle of nowhere with birds chirping away in the hedgerows. It was a gloriously sunny day (and I am very sunburnt consequently :) ) and we think we've settled on it being here:

It'll look a bit different when we finish ;)

Then I drove straight to Bournemouth which took three and a half hours and hung around until F and K arrived. I probably should've eaten at this point. We had a few beers and went to the gig.

Before I tell you how amazing it was, I have to introduce you to my favourite internet smiley, this guy ---->

I have to introduce him because that was my face all night.

After a loud warm-up act (whiney american 'rock' isn't my thing), A3 came on stage all dressed in bright white suits.

I was


D-Wayne Love and Devlin Love (she was dreamy :) ) performing Mao Tse Tung Said. Lots of communist salutes.

Then they played Sister Rosetta which I've never seen them do before (tonight was the 8th time I've seen them). I was

Rumours abound that I danced like a spastic all night. With a girl called Tracy who had a strangely erotic tattoo on her back. More


Larry Love, Devlin Love and Spirit of Love doing Rehab.

More beers were consumed, singing was badly performed (by me) and more dancing with Tracy and her mates. We were now getting on famously despite me thinking she was foreign despite being from Boscombe :-S

They played 5 new songs which were all good, and also played 'Hooked' which is my favourite new track (it's on their myspace page - check it out). Very

And then they ended with Peace In The Valley as an encore. Best gig ending song EVER

Then I went out to find F and K who were having a fag and missed saying goodbye to Tracy. F was talking to a woman called Sarah, whom I proceeded to snog (apparently). And she turns out to be best mates with Tracy. That was interesting when Tracy came out of the venue

I now have Sarah's phone number and several texts :)


Devlin Love shining like an angel. She was beautiful

What a great night!

7 Comments:

At 7 June 2007 at 09:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A3 Playing a festival at leicester again this year - week friday. 25 quid for the day.

Wish I had seen "this" concert though! Did you go with anyone I know?

 
At 7 June 2007 at 11:04, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Went with F, bird from Ramesys seeing as we both live down south anyway.

Token the seffrican bottled the opportunity so we're going to go again when the tour starts in Sep if you fancy joining a big crew?

Are you going to see them in Leicester? Make sure it's the full band not the acoustic set!

 
At 7 June 2007 at 14:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah its labelled as acoustic set - that mean one bloke and his guitar?

Put me on the list for next concert - I will 100% be there unless away (of course)

 
At 7 June 2007 at 14:29, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Yeah, acoustic set is about 5 of them, not the whole band.

Okay, well we're either doing Bristol or Oxford. I'll pencil you in :)

 
At 11 June 2007 at 16:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't bottle a damned thing! And I most certainly didn't mistakenly buy and wear Chumbawumba t-shirts instead of A3 t-shirts like yourself, F & the dancing queen did!!! Tjops.

 
At 12 June 2007 at 08:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah comedy moments I had forgotten about! I still have that chumba t-shirt somewhere! ;)

I wouldn't have described the squirrel as a dancing queen though ;)

 
At 12 June 2007 at 11:26, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I still have mine too. Almost in pristine condition :)

I might've got dancing queen status after last week's gig, but that honour resides with you after Justin Timberlaking yourself in a mirror ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home