29 May 2007

Well a busy weekend, um, drinking, watching cricket, lying on the sofa, chatting to people online, playing poker (£60 up over the weekend) and sleeping.

Back to work with a vengence today though - was up at 8am! Though was mainly because I felt ill I think. It's not going to stop me knocking off most of the outstanding work for the week today. I feel like I'm going to be VERY busy on festival stuff by the end of the week and I need some clear time for then.

I did, however, get off my arse long enough to go and visit Avebury - the oldest prehistoric monument in europe. I'd never been before and it as quite impressive really.

It's basically a big ring of stones, some of which are massive, god knows how they raised them into place - plus a big burial mound to the south. Here are some pics:








There's a beautiful old village in the middle of the ring with an ancient thatched pub that came highly recommended. However, as you can see from the clouds in the final pic I got pissed on from a great height walking back to the car so headed home rather than get wetter walking to the pub.

Also, Spurs signed Gareth Bale an extremely expensive 17yo left back (but we needed someone there!), Bristol Rovers won their play-off and have been promoted to League One and I'm going for lunch this week, like, with a girl and everything.

Probably :-S

1 Comments:

At 11 June 2007 at 15:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guernsey has the oldest prehistoric monuments in Europe! Not oo-aarghlet'sgetsometouristsinto Avebury...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home