06 December 2006

Two updates in a matter of days? You lucky, lucky people :-P

I was throughly pissed off yesterday morning so arranged to do a pub quiz in Oxford with a mate and his workmates last night. Having arranged it all, I then got a call from the guy who sits next to my Dad at Spurs (and whom arranged for me to have a free ticket when his son couldn't make the Port Vale match) who offered me another free ticket!

Only by then it was too late to leave work and get there on time, plus it would've meant me getting back at past 1am which is no fun.

So I knocked it on the head and took the bus over to oxford where we started off atrociously and then steadily got better - eventually coming second by half a point to a team that's been on University Challenge :-O

And we'd've won if they'd gone for my answer of 'seahorse' to the question 'which is the only type of fish that can hold something in its tail?' I can't think who might've told me that *rolls eyes*

Anyway, we pocketed £24 for our night out and then my mate and I headed for one last one at 11pm, getting to the bus station just in time for the 11:45pm bus back to where I'm staying. Only it was cancelled or had gone early - and it was bloody freezing last night. We had to wait a whole hour with no shelter to speak of and in howling winds. And when did I get back to the B&B?

Half bleeding one.

Still, Spurs won and I've been happy today. Even Jen wilfully going to sleep rather than keeping me amused at work with emails hasn't annoyed me much :)

1 Comments:

At 9 December 2006 at 21:48, Blogger Charby said...

was it me?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home