08 December 2006

Fun & Games! We had five power outtages last night after lightning struck our local transformer, meaning;

a) I was trapped in my office again as I still can't find the door in the dark *blush*
b) my shins hurt after walking into one of the servers
c) I now know where the office torch resides
d) I had to stay late in the vain hope it would come back on soon and I could turn the servers off
e) It didn't, so I had to get up at 7am to reboot all the servers
f) This means I can now go at 1pm. Get right in!!!

And N is down this weekend whom I haven't seen for ages and ages so we'll be getting drunk and eating curries no doubt :)

Though K wants us all to play a round of golf on Saturday which despite it being December and cold as fuck, it's also going to be blowing a gale this weekend. Still, might give me a legit excuse to be rubbish for once :)

Ooh, I took a photo of our office last night too:

I don't have a flash on my camera phone :)

Hmmmm, what else?

Well I did say I'd write up my dublin trip when it didn't make me sad anymore, and it doesn't make me sad anymore - but I'm also not entirely convinced that said woman doesn't read this and I don't want to get in trouble.

Suffice to say that I had a great time, drank a fair bit, went to a lovely japanese restuarant, stayed at the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed at (and it was exactly the same as a travelodge), completely ballsed up any chance I had on the friday by being too reserved, had a great day on the saturday and was more myself, got a few cheeky snogs at the end of the saturday night, flew back hideously early on the sunday morning, got the 'it won't work between us' email on the monday.

And now this woman is going out with someone she met exactly the same way as she met me. She's enough of a mate that I can only be happy for her, but it was a bit crushing at the time. I doubt it would've worked between us anyway (hindsight is great) as the distance thing just doesn't do it for me. Was the most expensive kiss I've ever had though! Meh. Plenty more women out there for me to stalk :)

Happy weekend y'all! :)

2 Comments:

At 12 December 2006 at 23:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 1 just isn't nice

 
At 15 December 2006 at 10:28, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

No, but it was funny :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home