17 March 2006

Made it safely to Sydney and had a great day yesterday with foreign girl 1 walking around the Botanical gardens and eating Yum Cha in chinatown. Last night we went to Bondi to a pretty cool bar (full of stunning women as per usual for here) where it was a Hip Hop/R&B night. Not my favouritist music and I wasn't drunk enough to dance so was a little on the sidelines all night. Good beer though and met a nice Irish bloke who's a friend of foreign girl 1 who'll be in Hong Kong at the same time I'll be there, so we've agreed to meet up for a beer or two over there.

Today I went into town to get a weekly travel pass and walked over the bridge to Kirribilli, had a beer or three and then headed back for a fantastic Thai meal. Not sure what I'm doing tonight - it's St. Patrick's day (I think, judging from the number of incomprehensibly drunk Irish people around today) so may wander into a bar but I'm not great at drinking on my own (and foreign girl 1 is out camping with her nephews tonight). Tomorrow we're going to a Drum & Bass Barbecue at the university until 3am and then I hope to catch the Spurs v Brum match at 4am. Not sure I'll still be compos mentis enough to find a bar by then, but we live in hope... :)

4 Comments:

At 17 March 2006 at 10:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good break. At the drum and bass barbq remember that you are from the world centre of D&B. Is Clipz playing? He's out there at the moment (part of Roni Size's Full Cycle now). Stand and look cool. As you do. You're allowed to forget Spurs and Brum, they'll win that without you, but Aus needs you! Have a good one :-)

 
At 20 March 2006 at 13:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you laughed at Chelski yesterday!

Sounds like you are having a great time.

2 more weeks on my contract and I'm a free person again. Was thinking of going travelling to Hunstanton - I wonder if they have any Japanese gardens?

Leicester won again - 6 wins out of 9 (1 defeat) since we booted the useless Jocko out

 
At 20 March 2006 at 16:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with Hunstanton...

 
At 21 March 2006 at 12:50, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

More importantly, where the fuck is Hunstanton?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home