08 September 2008

It's the end of the world as we know it...

A bunch of fringe scientists are claiming that the world will end on Wednesday when a black hole is accidentally created under Switzerland, which is probably nonsense. On the off chance it is true then we'd be dead almost instantly, so really who cares eh?

I am, of course, discussing the Large Hadron Collider which whizzes subatomic particles around and around a large circle, while sending other subatomic particles the other way around and around before - like malevolent twins on the dodgems - they collide head-on and.......

Well, exactly. No-one really knows what will happen. It's a big 'and'.

As Bill Bailey so rightly put it, they've created an experiment where the boundaries for the results are on one hand 'nothing' and on the other 'destruction of the universe'. That, to me, is the kind of experiment I wished I'd done at school.

This led to today's pointless work discussion: if you knew the world was going to end in 24 hours, what would you do? There's nothing you can do to stop it, and you have to work with what you have.

So basically, I reckon that if I rinse out every credit card and bank account in my possession then I could lay my hands on about £15k cash in an hour or so. But what good would that do? It's not like it would be enough to secure oral pleasure from Keira Knightley, and some lesser celeb like Amy Whinehouse would probably do so for a packet of chips and a dog-worming tablet anyway....

I digress.

I think I know what I'd do, but I'm not going to post it here in case it spoils the surprise on Wednesday :)

What would/will you do?

8 Comments:

At 8 September 2008 at 20:01, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Eat a bucket of beans and fart all the way to the end. People who say they'd have sex don't realise they wouldn't be in the mood for it if they knew they were about to die.

 
At 8 September 2008 at 20:03, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Ah, but in this specific case it would be going out with a Big Bang! :-D

 
At 8 September 2008 at 20:25, Blogger P said...

I'm scared now. I'm going to hide under a duvet until I am sucked into oblivion. :(

 
At 9 September 2008 at 09:35, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

paula - if a man said that it would be considered a positive way to go out ;-)

 
At 10 September 2008 at 11:38, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Have a wank, eat chocolate and put on some nice undies.

Puss

 
At 10 September 2008 at 13:00, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

puss - in that order?

 
At 11 September 2008 at 10:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're already dead. Hell can't be much worse than the state of this spinning mud ball. McCain will be elected just to prove my point.

 
At 11 September 2008 at 23:20, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Korma - there's some good things on this mudball to enjoy. Trust me on this ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home