03 September 2008

What YOU lookin' at?

I have a girlfriend.

Gosh.

On another continent.

Gosh.


Anyway, I'll write up my trip to New York properly once my darling and wonderful gf* sends me the pictures she/we/I/strangers passing took.

However the brief highlights for me were:

-- Having to take a detour to reach our downtown Brooklyn** hotel due to the cops cordoning off a couple of blocks while they apprehended a couple of teenage gunmen who'd shot and killed another teenager. Welcome to America!

-- The creepy subway nutjob who sat there furiously filling a notepad with scribbles (and I mean just scribbling, not drawing - like you do when you check to see if a biro is working) in different colour inks. Page after page after page. I'd like to imagine his counselling went something like;

Doctor: "So, Jebediah***, what seems to be the problem today?"
Scary Subway Dude: "It's the people. They look at me. I just want to stab them, stab them good. And eat their livers."
Doctor: "I see. Just when they look at you?"
SSD: "And when they talk about me. They're all talking bout me. All the time. I want to introduce them to my friend, Stabbity McStabstab."
Doctor: "Hmmm. Well I might just have a solution for you."
SSD: "You do?"
Doctor: "Yes. Take this notepad."
SSD: "A notepad."
Doctor: "Yes, and this pen. Look - it has four colours depending on which button you press!"
SSD: "A pen."
Doctor: "Uh-huh. Now, when you feel that rage I want you to scribble that anger out. Scribble like you were scribbling for your life. It would add to the effect if you glared about you furtively, possibly even muttering to yourself under your breath."
SSD: "And this will help? What if I get really angry?"
Doctor: "Well then Jebediah, I want you to use the red ink."
SSD: "I shall give it a try."
Doctor: "Just one thing Jebediah."
SSD: "Yes?"
Doctor: "Please put the knife away."

-- Finding the Ghostbusters building near Central Park.

-- Seeing how many times I could squeeze the sentence "It's true - I saw it in a movie once." into normal conversation before I was told off. I lasted over three days.... :)



*Yes she reads this. It was how we met.
**Yeah, well how was I to know?
***He just looked the type.

13 Comments:

At 3 September 2008 at 20:45, Blogger Laura said...

I am mega jealous that you saw the Ghostbusters building!

I love the ghostbusters.

Oh and go you and your international girlfriend! I hope it all works out for you both! :)

 
At 3 September 2008 at 20:56, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Another continent? That's the best kind of relationship. You'll never get on each other's nerves or argue about where to go out in the evenings. It's a match made in heaven.

 
At 3 September 2008 at 21:08, Blogger weenie said...

Ace! Looking forward to all the romantic and gushy posts - will make a nice change! :-)

 
At 4 September 2008 at 12:18, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

bunny - thanks! Ghostbuster building photo will be posted soon :)

gb - you are, of course, correct. Not that we'd argue anyway as we'd always do what I wanted to do. :)

weenie - me? Romantic? No chance. I did buy her flowers though. Well, a flower anyway. It's the thought that counts right?

 
At 4 September 2008 at 13:14, Blogger Simply Curious said...

Pictures please.

You should've looked me up you silly little squirrel. Then again, I suppose you were too busy getting knackered. Is she hot?

 
At 4 September 2008 at 13:36, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Well done.

Next time I think you should do a Father jack and get 'That would be an ecumenical matter.' into conversation.

Puss

 
At 4 September 2008 at 16:23, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

scg - pictures will be posted when she gets her finger out of her arse and emails them to me! And I think she's hot - but you can judge for yourself :)

puss - thanks! :) I will certainly try something different next time...

 
At 4 September 2008 at 18:47, Blogger P said...

wow! glad it worked out for you! :)

 
At 4 September 2008 at 22:10, Blogger weenie said...

me? Romantic? No chance.

Lol - methinks you doth protest too much...

 
At 9 September 2008 at 08:17, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I agree - MORE PICS! :D

Awww it's pity she's so far away - but who is she? Spill!

Oh and you're not the only one who's loved up, hehehe. :P

 
At 9 September 2008 at 09:32, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Elle - do tell! Is this nerdboy? :-D

I'm not revealing the identity of Mrs. Red Squirrel beyond that she's american and we met via the medium of blogs... ;-)

 
At 10 September 2008 at 10:49, Blogger Unknown said...

Yup, it's NerdBoy :) I'll post soon.

Damn you! At least tell me! MEEE! I keep secrets, honest! *cough*

 
At 10 September 2008 at 12:59, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Email me on whatever email address you use nowadays and we'll maybe swap info ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home