27 August 2008

Hodilay Two

While grabbing a bite to eat at a local - and faux-posh - sandwich bar called Philpotts this lunchtime, I was greeted by the sight of a fat man.

Not a normal fat man. Not even the fattest man I've seen.

But fat. Kinda orca-whale fat.

Fat people don't annoy or upset me (although the heifer on the 3rd floor at work who can't fit in the lift with anyone else is rather annoying for different reasons) per se. If they want to be fat and die young then go ahead - I'm hardly Mr. Svelte Skinnymelinky himself - but this guy made me feel ill.

He made me feel ill because he was wearing a tight t-shirt that only stretched over his humongous belly as far as his waist, and then hanging down about five inches under that was his sagging, droopy, hairy belly - oozing down under his t-shirt like one of Dali's clocks.

It was so gross I took my lunch back to work and couldn't eat it for over an hour.

Have some sodding self-respect man.



Anyway, disgustingly overweight people aside, I'm off to holiday in America* for a week where I hope to come back slightly lighter, considerably poorer and with a strange feeling going on.

All will be revealed in due course..... :)




*That joke was brought to you by McDonalds - keeping people too fat to work since 1959!

10 Comments:

At 27 August 2008 at 20:25, Blogger Laura said...

Extreme muffin top!

I hate that...the only positive side to it is that it makes me extra determined to attend the gym regularly.

 
At 27 August 2008 at 20:49, Blogger P said...

What is a hodilay??? ;P

 
At 27 August 2008 at 20:56, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

bunny - This was beyond muffin top. Way, way, beyond. And you are so not fat!

paula - you don't call it a hodilay too? Must be something from my childhood only then! :)

 
At 27 August 2008 at 22:03, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

If you talk about "strange feelings" we'll think you're having a sex change operation. Sometimes it's better not to be mysterious.

 
At 27 August 2008 at 22:29, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Maybe I am gb, maybe I am... :)

 
At 27 August 2008 at 22:41, Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear about it. Gory details please. :)

 
At 27 August 2008 at 23:12, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I'll share what I can :)

 
At 31 August 2008 at 12:30, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Oooh! Have a luverly time - I wish I was going to America.

Puss

 
At 8 September 2008 at 07:35, Blogger Unknown said...

Eeeew! That's just naaaasty.

I have no problem with fat people if they dress properly.

(PS. I know this is late but I simply felt compelled to comment on this one regardless :P)

 
At 8 September 2008 at 19:37, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

puss - thanks :)

Elle - Indeed. I have no problem with fat people so long as they don't share the flab with everyone else....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home