11 August 2008

I've been a bad blogger recently. For an excellent reason, which I'll come to later, but a bad blogger nonetheless.

I shall try and make it up to you.

It's not like I've been amazingly busy either. Okay, that's a lie - I've been astonishingly busy at work and am working some overtime to get the project complete before I go on my holidays (yeah, TWO of them this month. Bet you wish you were me) - but I'd completely lost my blogging desire recently. In fact even a minor itch to post only appeared last night after one of those conversations that makes you understand a lot more of yourself than you thought you'd be willing to reveal.

Anyway, fings wot I av lurnt this week:

1) Paying no attention to a woman you used to mildly drool over really does annoy them
2) I'm incapable of entering my FFL in the correct league and now I can't change it :(
3) It only costs 1.2p a minute to call a US mobile on Skype. The internet can have my babies, I'm that grateful.
4) Riot City Blues by Primal Scream is a welcome return to tuneful music played with actual instruments.
5) Singing along with the above mentioned album in the car is fine until you realise you're singing country-blues music in an accent that wouldn't shame one of
The Wurzels
6) Spurs are going to play some amazing football this coming season!

After my last couple of animated monologues* on the subjects of the Olympics and Pasties I'd like to point out that I wasn't angry in the slightest. That wasn't entirely obvious to some people *rolls eyes* - the only thing that gets me angry is cheating (and people who cheat are cowardly lowlives, and those that knowingly 'aid' them are not much better, frankly) and the last time I got angry about that was over a year ago when Stalker Girl gleefully told me about how she'd gone clubbing the night before and sucked off one of her best friend's boyfriends in the club and while the best friend/girlfriend was on the other side of the room.**

Yes, well anyway, I'm not angry but I am a tad annoyed at one thing. My walk home from work.

To illustrate what I mean, here are some photos of my walk home from work. After ten minutes walking through the centre of town I come to the fantabulously named Christmas Steps, thusly:

which if you click on the image, you can see go on for a fair while. Having reached the top of the Christmas Steps, you cross the road and meet:

Which are called the 'To Christmas Steps' Steps after the wonderful wrought iron archway at the top that you can't see :) Having climbed the 'To Christmas Steps' Steps, and having crossed another road and gone up another flight of stairs, I then reach this not-at-all-steep hill:

And then, having reached the top of that, it's another ten minutes home.

Now what I'm a tad annoyed about is not all that walking, no, what gets my goat somewhat is that having done this downhill in the morning and uphill in the evening - every weekday for six months - I've lost the grant total of half a stone. Half a stone is simply not enough. Sigh.

Double sigh.

So I'm spending tonight eating pizza because oestrebunny reminded me of it, formulating my world famous*** Football Predictions after weenie jogged my memory, and talking to a certain someone on the phone who won't read this for about 6 months anyway so it leaves me free to say that she's the reason why I haven't been blogging much recently.... ;-)


*Or 'rants' as they are sometimes known.

**I think I should've figured out how things were going to go with Stalker Girl at this point. More fool me.....

***In my head.


4 Comments:

At 12 August 2008 at 05:58, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Did stalker girl tell you how many men she's sucked off? She may have been trying to break a record.

 
At 12 August 2008 at 09:44, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I've no idea thankfully. It wasn't the act itself that made me angry, just the gleeful way she didn't see anything wrong with it being her best friend's boyfriend.

Morals of a cat, that one.

 
At 12 August 2008 at 14:26, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Sounds like you need to start running home...

Puss

 
At 12 August 2008 at 17:47, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Run? RUN!?! Up that hill?

Are you mad, woman? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home