04 June 2008

Things that I don't understand part 2

Controversial one this time:- People who need someone else in their lives.

(Note, this is just my opinion. You're welcome to disagree and have your own opinion (wrong though it may be*). )

I'm not talking about people who are in relationships per se, but those that feel they couldn't NOT be in a relationship. Those people who are unhappy when they are single, that feel someone else 'completes them.'

Those are the people I don't understand.

I totally understand people sometimes feeling lonely, and I down with the fact that many people are happier when they're loved up to when they're single - but, and it's a big but, people who define their own existence through the lack of another worry me slightly.

In my (ever so humble) opinion, anyone who doesn't feel comfortable on their own has some serious confidence issues. Not me though - I'm awesome and I know it.**

********************************************

Anyway, I have a task for you all. Ste, the rather dashing and extremely multi-talented designer of my blog-header is also a DJ. Or rather, someone who mixes tracks, and I've no idea what they're called anymore.

His group, The Fanatics of Twist have entered a competition with a remix of a Paul Van Dyk track -
here. It's trance (apparently) and I quite enjoyed it - takes me back to the turn of the century when I could be found throwing some shapes in several clubs. So go and vote for his re-mix (you may need to register but you don't need to put an actual email address) and help him get into the top 15! :)

And while we're on the subject of creativity - look what I made tonight:



Those are my first ever bowls :)

It may be that my original assessment that 'this pottery isn't for me, I have the delicate touch of an elephantine rapist' may be incorrect after all....



*That's a joke. Please don't kill me.
**I refer you to the small print in my header.

3 Comments:

At 5 June 2008 at 06:16, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

A valet would feel pretty silly on his own. What would Jeeves do without Bertie Wooster?

Nice bowls. They look like the type of thing a Roman housewife might have used.

 
At 5 June 2008 at 11:31, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

I'm completely with you on this one. I know someone like that - always searching for 'the one', not happy unless there's a man on the scene, not above knicking someone else's man to ensure she's not on her own. Very peculiar, very needy. Such people, in my humble opinion, are suffering arrested development and have not separated properly from the mother in infancy.

And the bowls are great. As an ex-pottery student, I admire your skill. I miss pottery. Sigh. How you planning to glaze them?

Puss

 
At 5 June 2008 at 13:17, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

gb - ah, but a valet always has the rest of the staff for company.

puss - I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that!

As for the bowls, well I've not thought about glazing yet (these were the first ones that didn't implode on the wheel). I'll probably go for something simple - though using crushed glass in the bottom is a possibility :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home