26 May 2008

Goddamn it....

Last Bank Holiday for ages and I just feel ill for almost all of it *sulks*


I did get to sit on the sofa and drink cups of tea though. Floyd likes it when I sit on the sofa as I'm easily accessible for whining about how it's a scandal that I only feed him twice a day. Plus I'm something warm for him to sleep on.

Seeing as this weekend's television rated a extremely high 96% on the Tossometer, I ended up watching a lot of sport. So in order - boooo for Bristol City losing the Championship play-off final, yay for Lewis Hamilton winning the Monaco grand prix in possibly the only interesting race in the last 7 years, yay for Leeds not getting promoted, yay for England winning the 2nd Test with the highest 4th innings score to win at Old Trafford (my cricket watching season starts on the 18th June), and - fingers crossed - a big yay for West Indies beating the hated aussies in the 1st test in Jamaica (currently 120 runs needed with 3 wickets left).

Oh, and I finally got round to watching The 9th Company which I 'acquired' a few months back. For a Russian film with subtitles done by a non-native English speaker it was pretty amazing. I'd heartily recommend it (in summary it's about a company of Russian soldiers in Afghanistan that got forgotten during the withdrawal in the late 80's and have to hold out on their own for days as they're attacked by the Afghans. It's based on real events but most of the film is about their training and the brutal life in the latter-day soviet union - plus it's superbly shot.)

Bollocks. Work tomorrow :(

3 Comments:

At 26 May 2008 at 18:43, Blogger . said...

I'm recovering from a migraine, so how very dare you not mention this in your blog! My painometer is...oh, what's the word...pure dead importanter than anything else!

BAH!

Right, that's enough exclamation marks for one blogment.

I think you'll find Walk the Line was on last night, and therefore bleaches out all accusations of tellybox tossery. Joaquin Phoenix rules. Why? Because I say so.

Loving the CURSES pic, by the way. Mind if I steal it? Splendid.

 
At 26 May 2008 at 19:13, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Your emotional well-being appears to be at the mercy of sportsmen, which is a precarious condition. I suggest you consider joining a historical re-enactment society. It's one activity that always seems to produce happy humans at the end of the day. And it costs much less than a safari.

 
At 26 May 2008 at 19:25, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

nichola - seen it before. Twice in fact during a long flight. Tis okay but not worth a third viewing.

gb - I only watch this much sport when I feel like shite and don't go out. I'm not sure I could join a re-enactment society - I'd try too hard to change history into how it would've been if I'd been in control. It must be the long-dormant SS genes in me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home