06 June 2008

Damn my optimistic and always-look-on-the-bright-side personality*

My 'chat' this afternoon actually made it sound like a good job. Salary of 39,863,026,834,876 Zimbabwe dollars**, roughly 5% bonus scheme, healthcare, paid holidays*** etc etc.

And they're nice people.

I feel like a bastard now, but I'm not going to (as a good friend told me last night) take a job because I feel sorry for them. I'll take home over twice as much in my current contract and it's likely to go beyond the short extension currently offered.

Yeah.

I still feel bad about it though, and I haven't even said no yet....

They do want me to do a bunch of paid work in the evenings/weekends in the short term (on top of Badminton, Football, Pottery, Cricket, the work I do for my last contract and my two projects in progress - y'know, all that free time I have). If I take that then you may not hear from me very often!*****


Anyway, I'm feeling nervous about Sunday now so will be going to buy some cricket whites and an extra large box for protection. It'll probably be worth me getting my membership for the Primary Club in advance too.... :)


*It's in there somewhere. Now bugger off.
**42,045,732,981,367 now****
***Oh the luxury. I can't remember what that feels like.
****43,198,513,789,634 now (in real life I wouldn't tire of this gag all night :) )
*****Don't all cry at once.

3 Comments:

At 6 June 2008 at 23:52, Blogger . said...

If you don't carry on blogging regularly I shall slit my wrists and sit in the corner listening to Linkin Park while my life bleeds away.

Oh, wait. No I wouldn't. I think I'd probably eat some cake and wait for you to stop having a life, so you could blog about stuff and give me something to read.

God, I'm such a lovely, non-sarcastic burd. You sure are lucky to have me as a reader.

:D

 
At 7 June 2008 at 13:21, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Exercising discernment is a noble thing. And good opportunities have a way of coming back when you need them. So, don't feel bad.

Puss

 
At 7 June 2008 at 18:44, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

nichola - I couldn't have someone listening to Linkin Park on my conscience. I'll carry on blogging when I can...

Puss - thanks. I'm not one to dwell once I've finally made a decision so it's time to focus on what's in front of me now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home