15 September 2008

The Great Gig In The Sky

I was going to write a hilarious post about my weekend of hanging wid my squirrel bredren at the Tower d'Cabot, but today brought the sad news that Richard Wright (one of the founder members of Pink Floyd) passed away from cancer.

It's hard to overstate the profound effect their music had on my teenage years and my cats are named Pink and Floyd for reasons that go way beyond 'let's pick something stupid' (although, to be honest, that had a small part to play).

So, RIP Rick - they don't make 'em like you anymore. You will be missed.

2 Comments:

At 16 September 2008 at 13:23, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Sad news indeed.

Puss

 
At 17 September 2008 at 18:44, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

puss - I suppose at least he left his mark on the world first....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home