13 July 2008

Kiss me where the sun don't shine....

The past was yours, but the future's mine.


Yes, indeedy. I went all retro today. While replacing my shoes (which died on wet-sock day last week) I found the first Stone Roses album for a mere £4. Bargain city.

The fact that I've bought it and had it teefed THREE TIMES previously is no deterrent. It's part of my childhood - I was 15 when it came out.

She Bangs The Drums - ah, convincing the school Anarchist that the Anarchy Party had been sold to the Tories, so any vote for them was a vote for Thatcher....

Waterfall - feeling alone amongst a sea of hormones as half of the year spent all their time attempting to have sex with the other half...

Sugar Spun Sister - feeling upset at the sheer injustice of 98% on a maths test....

This is The One - scoring what was widely regarded as the best goal ever scored at my school, and never in my life coming close to that peak again....

I am The Resurrection - loving this song for the music and not truly understanding the lyrics* until Evil Jenny ripped out my heart (and stomped on my liver for good effect) a few years later...


Ah, nostalgia. They don't make it like they used to.




*'You're a nowhere, no-one, washed up baby, who'd look better dead.' - Hmmm, tell us what you really think Ian.

2 Comments:

At 14 July 2008 at 09:59, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

I have fond memories of that album, but i can't deny it make me feel old knowing it was released nearly twenty years ago. Sigh.

Puss

 
At 14 July 2008 at 19:35, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

You're not old Puss, you're my age - quite clearly the perfect age to be :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home