19 July 2008

I've had a terminal feeling of ennui all week for some fairly unknown reason, hence the lack of updates. Part of it, I'm sure, is my shoulder putting me out of action exercise-wise, part of it is things I can't talk about (dead useful sentiment for a blog that), part of it is most definitely that I spent 8 hours last weekend working on one part of a website when I should've been working on another - meaning I didn't get paid for it and had to spend 5 hours during the week doing the bit I should've done in the first place.

But I'm guessing that mainly it's because I've completed all the easy things in my life.

So now I only have the medium and hard things left, and my motivation has taken one look at the list and gone on an extended holiday to see 'how it feels about things' and whether 'it feels right to be my motivation anymore.'

Quitter.

Not that I blame it really. Doing hard things requires effort, and where's the fun in that?

I realise this makes me sound lazy.

But frankly my dear, I don't give a fuck.

3 Comments:

At 21 July 2008 at 20:45, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Hmmm, I expect the planets are up to something. Either that or it's the mid-year low.

Puss

 
At 22 July 2008 at 08:46, Blogger SG said...

i think your motivation took a hike after meeting up w/my motivation (last seen decades ago, waiting for the man). don't despair--your motivation will return ASAP, wagging its tail behind it, once MY motivation wants its privacy back.

about your 'things I can't talk about (dead useful sentiment for a blog that)', hey it works for me. as you know my entire blah is based upon that so i sit here and simply make shit up (and nobody knows the difference). :-)

 
At 22 July 2008 at 17:28, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I'd like to think I don't make anything up.

Too darn honest for my own good...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home