25 June 2008

Lessons in life pt.2

Should you wish to take illegal narcotics at a concert and remain undetected, I recommend you don't do the following things:

a) dance with your hands in your pockets so that you look like you're masturbating through an epileptic fit
b) don't shake your way in time to a non-existent beat, you may stand out from the crowd and
c) don't dance in your 'wankofit' style when there isn't in fact any music playing.

Doing the above will not make you look cool, it will make you look like you're chugging off your tits. Oh, and while you're there try and shrink by about 6 inches so I can see over your mahoosive bonce.



Anyway, we got back to Bristol at 1:30am (which seeing as we were right by the stage in Hackney at 10:30pm was good going. Sadly the trip there was a nightmare and will be saved for another post), I got to sleep at 2am. I got woken up at 2:15am as some students decided it would be 'funny' to tip all the wheelie bins over in the street. I got woken up again at 3am when the students out the back decided to have a party in their back garden at full volume. I last an hour before I cracked.

Y'see, I don't get angry. It's just not what I do. I'm not a confrontational person and am quite laid-back. I maybe get furious once every 3 or 4 years - and that's normally down to someone cheating (my one very serious bugbear). So basically for me to lose it really takes some doing, and lose it I did.

At 4am I'd had enough and went round to calmly ask them to maybe go inside, if that wasn't too much trouble. When they didn't answer the door (and it was now dawn and I'd had less than an hour's sleep) until the third ring, then the plot was well and truly misplaced.

In between swearing and emphatic hand gestures, it appears I may have threatened to call the police, report them to the university and - finally - to kill every single one of them (not in quite such a blatant way, I'm not a psycho. Um, I think). My neighbours tell me it was quite effective and strangely amusing.

Work today on four hours sleep was less fun however... :(

The gig was good though and some of the reworked older songs were excellent. I can't say I'm their biggest fan in the world but they do put on a good show. The stage was pretty funky too:



The live version of 'Pyramid Song' was possibly the best, and I do love the video to it. One of the most haunting pieces of animation I've seen.

4 Comments:

At 26 June 2008 at 07:15, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

I like it. It's the sort of thing I'd expect to hear at one of the better Jewish funerals.

 
At 26 June 2008 at 10:56, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Radiohead at the Wailing Wall?

It's a gig waiting to happen...

 
At 26 June 2008 at 15:17, Blogger Glamourpuss said...

So it was in Victoria Park?

I'm so out of touch. Sigh.

Oh, and all students are cunts.

Puss

 
At 26 June 2008 at 16:26, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Puss - yes indeed in Victoria Park, and we were aided by a friend of one of the car lots living 100 yards from the stage and offering us his parking space for the night. Brucie bonus.

And yes, almost all students are. Especially stuck-up rich kid Bristol students that keep me awake.

I've officially become old.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home