30 March 2008

I have to say, Kevin Spacey and Jeff Goldblum were excellent last night. It was written by the same guy who did Glengarry Glen Ross and has similar overtones (including some very funny lines).

Plus it has this young lady in it:



Hubba hubba.

I recommend going to see it should you ever be in the vicinity of the Old Vic in London :)




On Friday we had a meeting with our new testing analyst (aka Fat Boy, aka Useless Tosser, aka 'He's Taking The Piss Surely?') who tried to convince us that we didn't need to test a requirement that had changed 70% of the entire system (that's been built and added upon for 6 years) because 'that's just a code change.'

Um, a development change of a computer system is 'just a code change?' No shit.

Not only is that our new office catchphrase but we're getting t-shirts made up too :)

Just a code change. *shakes head in disbelief*

Wanker.




In the same meeting, while in full half-paying-attention management speak waffle (to bluster my point through without having to actually make one) the entire meeting turned to me and accused me of making a word up. One even said that had we been playing a game of Bullshit Bingo then he would've called 'House!' They were all so adamant about it that I had moments of self doubt....

The word in question: Potentiality

I looked it up when I got back from the meeting and maturely* pointed out that I was right and there was such a word. On the plus side, my mastery of obscure words** has got me picked for a pub quiz team on Tuesday.

There will be girls there too.

Looks, personality and money? Schmeh - pedantry and trivia knowledge is the way to a girl's heart....





*admittedly my email was titled 'Ner ner ne-ner ner'
**uh-huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home