06 March 2008

I'm not in the slightest making the following out as an amusing matter, but this week a man was found guilty of murdering a woman on a first date.

His defence was (and no, I'm not making this up, you can read up on it here) that he went on a date with the 32 year old woman, but took a knife with him as he 'felt suicidal' and may want to commit suicide (seriously, on a date for fucks sake?!?). At one point he dropped the knife at which point the lady in question stabbed herself in the neck and chest THIRTY-ONE times while he (a fitness instructor) did nothing. He claimed he 'didn't have time to intervene', and when asked to demonstrate how she stabbed herself as he described, he declined.

He went on to say that he 'panicked', thought he might get blamed (no shit, sherlock) so he put her body in the boot of her car, drove to some remote woodland, stripped the body and hid it in overgrowth. He also took her phone (and made some personal calls on it THAT NIGHT) and her car which he drove around until the police stopped him, when he claimed that she 'had given it to him as a present'.

Strangely enough he was found guilty, but what I find flabbergasting was a) he pleaded NOT GUILTY with that defence and b) his lawyer let him plead not guilty.

The man in question got 30 years. His defence lawyer deserves about 20.

_________________________________________________________


Apparently I've constructed a 'safe' zone in my life to deal with everything over the years, and I reject new things and am cynical because anything outside of my 'safe' area makes me feel uneasy. I don't like being in big groups because I can't control things and this is also the reason why I'm single and relatively untroubled by it (in that opening up fully to someone would leave me not in control of my life which would just disturb me).

Hmmmm. I'm paying my therapist to cure me, not call me a freak :( :(

_________________________________________________________


Spurs just lost 1-0 at home to PSV Eindhoven. That was utter shite. They're such an enigma - occasionally brilliant, sometimes hilariously rubbish, generally mediocre.

Sounds like me now I think about it.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home