24 January 2008

Definitely a good week. I got the contract and start on Monday :)

Fings wot I av lurnt (so far) dis week:

1. Sometimes bad things happening is a good way to focus on the good things going on.
2. How to replace the tumbler section of a Yale lock. This new-found knowledge means I'm using the deadlock as well from now on - I feel less safe all of a sudden!
3. That 'no' doesn't always mean 'no'. Unless it comes with a restraining order I guess, in which case it probably means 'maybe' at best.
4. That I have a backlog of over a hundred CDs to add to my mp3 library so that I have something to listen to on the half hour walk to work next week.
5. Dead horses shouldn't be flogged. If it's gone, it's gone.
6. Basking in associated greatness lasts longer (and feels better) than gloating.
7. Clever people do incredibly dumb things :(
8. More people cried about Heath Ledger dying than the 5.4m people who've died in DR Congo in the last ten years.
9. One can never have enough books.
10. Columbo films rock :)

2 Comments:

At 25 January 2008 at 22:49, Blogger weenie said...

7. I'm always doing dumb things so I must be ultra clever!?

Congrats on the contract!

 
At 26 January 2008 at 00:20, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Thanks weenie! :)

Yup, 7 is my all-purpose get out of jail card.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home