02 January 2008

It's a bit late, but here's my Review of 2007! *applause*

Holiday Highlight of the Year
The Prague anti-stag do. A hilarious weekend of debauchery with the guys from Leeds (and the first leg of 2007 in The Fuck-Ups World Tour). I now know what it's like to be a playboy.

Runner-up
My trip to Skye. Solitude, old friends, new friends and stunning scenery.


Personal Highlight of the Year
The few sweet hours before dawn in the week before Christmas. When I felt contentment in the presence of a woman (rather than just happiness) for the first time in years.

Runner-up
The first fire in my new fireplace. The crackling of logs, the warmth of the coals, the flickering of the flames..... ahhhhh, I loves a fire me :)


Personal Low of the Year
Being deeply depressed for the first time in my life. Not something I ever want to experience again and something I've hopefully done enough to steer clear of from now on.

Runner-up
Finding that a so-called friend could betray my trust enough to steal money from me.


Mistake of the Year
Allowing myself to get sucked into a teenagers life. God, I'd never want to be 18 again - bunch of over-sexed (yet utterly clueless about it), dangerously spoilt, completely ignorant NUTCASES.

Runner-up
Blindly believing certain facts without checking them, and then building a business on them.


Sporting Highlight of the Year
Going to Portugal for the away leg of the Spurs v Braga UEFA Cup match and finding that our guides for the weekend were relatives of the main sponsors and getting to watch the match from the biggest box at the ground. Plus we won :)


Personal Sporting Highlight of the Year
A sweet left-foot volley from outside the area direct from a corner right into the opposite corner of the goal. Perfectly struck with my wrong foot! This was followed 5 minutes later by a repeat that I completely airshotted *blush*


Blogging Highlight of the Year
Meeting weenie! Nice to put a person to the words. :)


Business Highlight of the Year
Standing (ankle deep in mud) on a hill at Womad late at night looking down on a huge marquee pulsating with vibrant colours and bouncing with dancing people with the huge wooden knives silhouetted over the entrance and thinking, 'I did that.'




And so to 2008!

My aims for the next 12 months are as follows:

Stop drinking for as long as I can. If I can manage the whole year then all the better.

Lose a couple of stone - no drinking, eating home-cooked food and doing some exercise ought to do it.

Move my business forward - getting up earlier and then doing some work would be a good start. Either that or get a permanent job somewhere. Or retrain and start from scratch. At least do something other than stagnate.

Finally progress one of my other ideas - be it the board game, the drainpipe idea, one of the others or something entirely new. It may mean stategically linking up with other parties or going alone. I've left them on the back-burner for too long.

Meet someone who makes me more happy than sad, who's intelligent, independent, likes cats as much as me, is lots of fun but not all the time, doesn't like/care about reality TV shows (specifically Any Country's Next Top Model or Big Brother), is equally happy going out or staying in, who makes me laugh, who more importantly gets my sense of humour, and who doesn't take themselves too seriously. Oh, and who isn't a hippocrocopig ;-P

Do more of what I want to do. The rest of the world be damned.



If anyone wants to help me with any of the above, then you know where I am! :)

2 Comments:

At 2 January 2008 at 23:23, Blogger weenie said...

Meeting weenie! Nice to put a person to the words. :)

Was night to meet you too! :)

Great review - looking forward to seeing what boardgame you have in mind!

And I see you have the 'giving up drinking' in your resolutions - I thought about it, but knew I couldn't do it!

 
At 2 January 2008 at 23:45, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I've done six months before. It's easier when your liver hurts :)

I have the boardgame already made. I just need to refine it and bring it to market!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home