14 December 2007

Coincidence is a strange thing. Today I was driving back from the other side of Bristol after picking up some christmas presents (the totally amazing and cool sun jars - so good I'm keeping one! Sun Jar ) because the delivery guy forgot what town he lived in. I stopped in at the major Tesco's to get some parsnips (more later). This Tesco's (apart from having a 24-hour booze licence, hubba hubba) is nowhere near where I live.

I park up the car and within ten yards I bump into girl1 (my lodger/flatmate for those new to this blog) who's also randomly in a Tesco's nowhere near where we live or where she's working today. As we're walking across the car park chatting the nearest car to the front door is none other than the one that allegedly hit mine a couple of months back (still no resolution on that claim from Norwich Union btw).

I've not been to that Tesco's for months either. All very spooky.

So to round off the day I went to therapy, a pottery sale and cooked England's greatest addition to world cuisine - the full roast dinner. No half measures either - a whole chicken, sage and onion stuffing, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, broccoli and cauliflower cheese with lashings of gravy. I'd initially intended it for last Sunday but had to eat it up today before I leave, consequently I now look like a mini-Buddha after eating faaaaaaar too much.

And here it is in all it's glory on my extra large plate:

Yum, yum, yum :)

Now I'm off to ze Vaterland for a few days. Play nice while I'm away ;-)

2 Comments:

At 18 December 2007 at 16:20, Blogger weenie said...

Impressive dinner there! :-) Can't remember when I last cooked a roast...don't think I'd know how to do one now! But I couldn't eat that much...not any more anyway!

 
At 18 December 2007 at 17:14, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

It was also a dry-run for christmas day. Which reminds me, must buy a turkey this week :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home