17 January 2008

Been busy for the last few days alternately preparing for job interview, failing job interview, being offered another role during failed interview, preparing for that job interview, pottery, passing second job interview and sleeping.

I find out on Tuesday if I have the job or not - dey be hard taskmasters, so dey be. Still, better a challenge to stretch the mind rather than the usual 'can I get up before midday?' one.

It was nice to be back at Pottery last night (Holly is back as well but I'm not feeling the attraction this term :-S I'm less desperate obviously :) ). I made a small figurine for my board game and everyone said it was really good (as opposed to my previous level of praise which would run along the lines of 'wow! That's a great mug!' *pause* 'Um, it's a vase.')

I've also taken delivery of two
Warm Cuddles (not, er, for me honest! My eldest niece is over next weekend and I have to buy two identical ones otherwise niece 2 will fight niece 1 over who gets to hold it). I bought Monkey ones:

You can take out the pouch in the tummy and heat it in the microwave for a couple of minutes to make them into cuddly hot-water bottles! :)

Sometimes I think I missed out on cool stuff, being old an' all.....

The only current downer I guess is that girl1 is looking to move out so she can house-share with her friend who's just split up from her long term boyfriend. It'll be sad to see her go (been nearly three years off and on) and Floyd will miss her rotten but we'll still hook up for drinks and stuff when we can. If I get this job then the spare room becomes the office again (it's not like I need the money, but it is a nice-to-have), otherwise I need to find a new person. Anyone fancy living in Bristol? Nice flat, it just comes with one slightly tattered owner and one and a half cats :)

Now I shall chill-out to some of NZ's finest export Fat Freddy's Drop at ear-splitting volume and bill people for work I've yet to do....

6 Comments:

At 17 January 2008 at 15:13, Blogger Charby said...

i want one! they look so cool!

 
At 17 January 2008 at 15:46, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

And a bargain at just ten of your earthly pounds....

 
At 17 January 2008 at 22:58, Blogger PrincessPolly said...

They're cute, but they're just the same as "hot hugs", which have a much better name. would you rather have "warm cuddles" or "hot hugs" . . .? :)

 
At 17 January 2008 at 23:12, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Ha, good point. Warm Cuddles are just the same but half the price :)

 
At 18 January 2008 at 13:29, Blogger weenie said...

Hey that's good news on the second interview! Worth all the stress then!? :-)

 
At 18 January 2008 at 13:53, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Well it's the first time I've had to do TWO 2-hour technical exams just to get to the interview part :-S

Apparently the feedback was 'good' but no details beyond that.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home