11 November 2007

I got asked if I was a student today.


I was shopping in Sainsbury's and a guy asked me if I had a BT landline (I don't, cable all the way, baby). When I said I hadn't he told me Sainsbury's were offering a special internet package for students. I gave him a blank look, though in my mind it was more


Upon informing him that I wasn't a student he thanked me for my time, then adding 'it's just that you look like one.'

Looking young is one thing, but being mistaken for a student?

5 Comments:

At 12 November 2007 at 10:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what animated gifs?

 
At 12 November 2007 at 20:27, Blogger weenie said...

Reap the compliments whilst you still look young! :-)

 
At 12 November 2007 at 21:05, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

That's my point - being regarded as a bristol uni student isn't a compliment. It's more of a 'look'. I shall burn all my clothes and buy new ones asap.

 
At 13 November 2007 at 10:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As if that's going to work. Try wearing old clothes. The students in the U.K. are better dressed than most professionals.

 
At 13 November 2007 at 11:24, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

I do wear old clothes - it's just the student's idea of grunge and retro is what I wear normally.

They'll find a new look in a month or so. I'll just stay indoors until then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home