24 January 2007

We won the quiz again last night, though only 30 quid winnings between 9 people. I've met some scarily clever people in oxford.

Not where I work mind, they're all retards (with a couple of notable exceptions). Examples of this week's work:

Phone rings - "Oh Hi, it's David, can you help me with...the...I....welllll.....oh no, hang on, it's working now." - phone put down.

Phone rings a day later - "Oh Hi, it's David again, I've got a problem with email when I go and I.....do......oh, it worked that time." - phone slammed down with cursing.

I mean, it's not like I do support. I've been helping out for the last 8 days while my boss is on a course, and I have a vast amount of work to do alongside the support work. I don't think anyone realises (despite me repeatedly telling them) that when I'm immersed in solving a problem a retarded phone call or email can really throw me off what I was doing.

Another example - someone somewhere decided to move 12 staff from one building to another and decided it would be done next week. We, the laughable IT department, asking for a seating plan so that we could work out what needed setting up, and delegated switching all the phone extensions round to the person who normally deals with the phones. Cue three days now of bitching and moaning from people doing nothing else.

I was asked today (by one of these whingers who know's exactly when it's supposed to happen) "When's the move, Wednesday during the day or Wednesday after work?" (Note: I'm doing them a favour by working two consecutive evenings until midnight to do this.) I reply "Tuesday after work, but we're not doing it unless we get a seating plan." This is fair comment, we've been asking for it for three weeks - I mean, the desks are staying in the same places, how hard can it be to draw 12 names on a picture we already gave them? Really? How FUCKING hard?

Her reply? "I don't see why you have to be so rude."

And now she's gone home early because I upset her. So she hasn't done a seat plan.

Oh, and the other one hasn't booked an telecoms engineer. So no phones for anyone next week!

Women. It appears to be illegal to kill them. This is grossly unfair.

2 Comments:

At 25 January 2007 at 20:07, Blogger Chapstick said...

I know what you are going through, man. I work in IT as well, butmy last job involved working with programmers. Programmers who just enough about my job to manage to screw up the system any time they needed something changed, instead of calling me. Hey, at least you are not trapped in the world of home PC support like I am right now.

 
At 27 January 2007 at 22:25, Blogger Charby said...

Hehe.

Where would you be without us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home