11 January 2007

Sorry, it's been a bit of a gap since I last posted (and I've got some grief for it!).

Last friday I went for a quick 'drink after work' with the usual crowd that rapdily descended into a trip into Montpellier (not the nicest area of Bristol) to a late night pub, then a trip to an even later night pub so some of the group could buy some weed (apparently, I was too far gone to even see the balls on the pool table I was playing on) and then finally a walk home punctuated by my neighbour hurling himself to the ground at every opportunity and then blaming it on 'cars' - like, they're big enough to spot when they're parked mate! :)

The rest of the weekend was spent sleeping and chilling out with the cats, though on sunday I ran out of bread so decided to make some (something I'd never done before). It was remarkably easy and fun, and something I'll be doing again. Cheesy Chilli bread coming up this weekend. And here's my first ever loaf:

I actually ended up making four so spent most of sunday eating bread. I'll know better next time :)

This week has been busy at work (better than bored!) and I've kept to my resolutions regarding drinking pretty well so far. I did drink in a pub on tuesday night (for a pub quiz which we aced but because the students aren't back we didn't win as much money as before) and wednesday night (initially to watch the Wycombe v Chelski match, but F and I got suckered into a another quiz in which we didn't win any round but won the spin to go for the jackpot - we hadn't a clue what we were doing, it was the first time we'd been there - where if I'd got a 6 we'd've won 85 pounds between two. I got a four and we won a cigar. And neither of us smoke.).

On Tuesday I had to walk back from the bus stop in torrential rain and I've felt a bit crap ever since so today I slept in and felt much better by the time I got to work. Ah, sometimes being a contractor has it's plus points :)

Nowt else has happened much. I've still not heard anything about the job going in Cheltenham (though did find out that the girl I worked with in Boro - back when I started this thing - is also going for the same role!). And, er, that's it.

If I remember anything else I'll post tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home