22 January 2007

Great weekend, but I'm most definitely too old for this now!

Having barely drunk all week I called into a pub after work on Friday for 'a drink' with the boys and a few of the girls who work for U.

I got home at 4am (I think) having ended up in various bars with Q and new girl F who seems quite nice. Not eating only compounded my error.

Saturday was therefore a slow start before some major cleaning took place. Token, his wife and kiwigirl all arrived about 5pm and I was already hanging from the previous night. We headed over to our usual japanese place and had lots of food and beer (yummy both) which perked me up enough to last the night. After a brief stop in a too-loud bar we thought we'd go to what was Token and my favourite club a few years back. It had recently re-opened so we hoped it would still have the same vibe, however we turned up far, far, far too early and were just about the only ones there for the first hour. We all had a good time until the girls wanted to go back to the flat and kiwigirl and I stayed up drinking until 8am when I couldn't stay awake any longer.

Sunday didn't start for me until 3pm and finished at 9pm (with a guided tour of Bristol for kiwigirl followed by a nice thai meal). I'm still tired now. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwn!

So all in all a good weekend, though that's my last blow out weekend for a while! I need to lose some weight and I won't do that drinking as much as I do every Friday and Saturday! Talking of which, I'm currently losing my weight loss competition with Jen and a friend Thumper as Jen and I stayed the same but Thumper moves into an early lead with a 2lb loss this week. Here's the current league table - first to lose 12lbs wins! :)



Week 1 - No sodding change for me.

3 Comments:

At 22 January 2007 at 17:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He might lose weight but he won't be happy. The artist formerly known as GGTW

 
At 22 January 2007 at 17:15, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

SHE won't be happy :)

 
At 22 January 2007 at 18:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to get all picky just cos you're on a diet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home