07 June 2006

Not a huge amounts happened this week, hence the gap in posting. Still no news on my gran who appears to be harder to shift than that wine stain on my sofa. Bodes well for my sister with two grans in the mid 90's and both showing a remarkable reluctance to succumb to anything. Less good news for me as both my grandads died in their early 80's! :)

I'm having an involuntary week off as the main contract hasn't started yet. Hopefully it'll do so next week (well, to be honest, I'd hoped to work this week and then have a few weeks off to watch the world cup, but we can't have everything eh?).

On that note, as luck would have it, my car gets the final bit of work done it - before it gets sold - on the 15th (England's 2nd match with a 5pm kick-off). I may just have to knock off early 'to pick my car up.' Uh-huh.

This week I have slept, performed minor tree surgery (to separate two seedlings with intertwined root systems) which only resulted in the one loss of my latest project group (my current mission is to introduce as many funky tree species into the local eco-system as I can. I failed with the Sydney Blue Gums, but am hoping for good things with the current crop of Tasmanian Blue Gums), painted part of the hallway, shopped, watched telly, avoided drinking any beer, got excited about the world cup and chatted to internet girl (who shall be buying me a beer on saturday during the Paraguay game). Not bad as weeks go.

Tonight I'm cooking Thai curries for 14 people (possibly 16!) and tomorrow I'm off to Lichfield to discuss a new computer system and website a mate wants doing - which will hopefully pay for recarpeting my hallway! :)


Until later in the week.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home