24 April 2006

Well that's just fantastic - having spent the entire weekend learning mysql and php in preparation for a piece of work that was desperately required by the end of month (and having roped in a mate to do the design for them), they've had a meeting and decided to simply replicate their newsletter on-line instead which won't require a database at all.

Honestly, while some people are too stupid to own computers, similarly some people are so lacking in imagination they should be banned from cluttering up the internet. A monthly A3 newsletter (complete with tabloid-style capitalised headlines) will look appalling on the web, just appalling. Even the Sun isn't naive enough to do that on their website!

Ho hum. The trials and tribulations of trying to work with luddites. I feel sorry for my mate really because he spent a while doing the draft design for which he'll be paid nowt. Equally, I'll get nothing for my work. Thank god I didn't spend it in advance! :)

To say I'm pissed off, would be a bit of an understatement....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home