01 June 2006

Bit of a nothing day - got to work, did work, had over two hours while entire office was out meeting the company they're going to merge with next week (note a. as a contractor I don't get freebies, b. Pizza Express take ages to serve people, which makes them mockable, and c. 75 quid to surf the web? Team ReluctantContractor - Fuck yeah!)

I did find something that genuinely made me smile though - a fellow forum members flash animations. I give you http://www.tinternet.me.uk/funstuff/index.htm - though go to the cute cats first! It may be sad for a 38 year old bloke to do this sort of thing, but it made me laugh!

I actually did work today, and was a bit of a star, so ner! :)

After work I hooked up with U and his work crew which didn't include the 20-25 year old minions ( :( ) but did include K who's as foxy a 40 year-old as you'll see (but has two kids, the eldest of which is nearer my age than hers = freaky shit I ain't getting my wick within dipping range of. Without freaky kid things? Meh. Possibly.) and J who's actually much nicer than I thought she was when I first met her. I guess drinking with someone breaks down a few barriers, if only in your own mind! :)

At this point I'd like a confessional moment - I have a mild Diet Coke addiction problem during work hours. It used to be coke but I tried to look out for my teeth (no fillings yet and none ever if I have any say over it) and did the switch to diet coke. Now don't get me wrong, I think it tastes like shit, but being in a work environment (even any type of seminar, conference, lecture etc.) triggers an automatic narcoleptic reflex in me and I can just fall asleep like *that*. So I drink lots of caffeine to get round it - something like 8 cans a day. I'd drink tea but I associate that with a bedtime drink so it doesn't help, and coffee???? Yeah, just get a homeless man to toss off in my mouth, why don't you...

I used to try a couple of Red Bulls a day but the taurine meant I couldn't blink for a few hours which became a bit disconcerting...

So yes, my name is red squirrel and I am a dietcoke-aholic. And to prove the point - this is my desk after 4 weeks back from holiday:



117 cans in 20 days. I'm super cool, me! :)

3 Comments:

At 2 June 2006 at 08:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

F*ck - you stil doing that. You have been on that habit since - well foreever - Loughborough in 1954 your habit was intense!

 
At 2 June 2006 at 09:40, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

It feels like 1954 now, doesn't it mate? Strange how I don't need to drink vast amounts of the stuff at weekends or when not working. Wow! I've had an epiphany! I think, maybe, work is boring as shite.... :)

 
At 22 July 2006 at 06:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home