31 May 2006

I've been pretty inspired to keep this more up to date recently, though I'm sure it won't last. Today has been mixed - workwise it's been fucking bollocks, with several square pegs being hammered into round holes using both the metaphorical sledgehammer of my mind and the actual act of head-butting the keyboard through sheer frustration. A fairly wasted day getting Lotus Notes to do something simple, but required for the client, that it doesn't want to do. A bit like herding cats, or getting a woman to walk past a bar of chocolate without making an involuntary move to pick it up. A bit, to steal a furbyism, trampwank...

Non-workwise it's been pretty top. Got to work nearly on time (9:20am, a new world record!) and did stay until half six or so which makes me a good boy. I also picked up some good CD's at lunchtime - the new Zero 7 (back on form boys!), Massive Attacks greatest hits, and Primal Scream's greatest hits for 4 quid (possibly the best 4 quid I've ever spent). The last two were replacements for having the original albums for both bands (along with 45 others) stolen a few years back. I say stolen, I mean more that I left 50 CDs on a flight back from Monte Carlo a couple of years back in one of those cockheaded, nobjockey moments I have when I'm *really* hungover. I consider them stolen because no-one gave them back. It's probably true! :)

So anyway, in an effort not to make this - in GGTW1's words "a lumpy diary" - I'll include ten things that are true (or that I consider to be true, which is basically the same thing :) ) :-

1) No matter how much the world keeps dumbing down to the lowest common denominator, there's always somewhere further down to go.

2) I don't care how much money is spent trying to make a Corsa look like Knight Rider - it's the automotive equivalent of stone-cladding your house, in that most people laugh at you and it actually lowers the value of the original.

3) No-one is more capable of, or more successful at, hurting you than your own family.

4) Even though I know it's not a weakness, I can't help feeling that depending on someone else for emotional strength is exactly that.

5) Whomever it was who said that it was better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, was talking out of his (or her) fat arse.

6) Sometimes, not taking part and therefore not humiliating yourself is the better option.

7) Cynics will always triumph over optimists eventually. And if they don't? Meh.

8a) The Primal Scream version of 'Rocks' is much better than I thought it could be.

8b) Being caught singing along at the top of your voice to Primal Scream's version of 'Rocks' at traffic lights by a car full of beautiful women, is nearly worth the 3 points on your licence for then jumping a red light to get away.

9) The best place in the world to visit is Macchu Pichu.

10) For about 5 minutes a month I actually think it would be nice to have a relationship again, which means I'm finally making progress after 8 years.

4 Comments:

At 1 June 2006 at 13:33, Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Number 3 could not be more accurate.

As for number 10...I hear you on that one too.

Read a few other of your posts and enjoyed them. I'll be visiting the archives to read more.

Take care!

Dirk

 
At 1 June 2006 at 21:40, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Cheers Dirk! I've enjoyed your posts too since I stumbled across it - do you know 'blue eyes' or has Rumsfeld set a rotweiller on you? :)

 
At 9 June 2006 at 11:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 
At 22 July 2006 at 06:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home