12 January 2006

Went to see March of the Penguins last night, which was okay - not amazing or anything (or rather the story and filming are amazing, but the narration just makes you want to puke. "It's a story about love," says Morgan - no it ain't mate, it's a story about shagging, survival of the species and sitting ankle deep in bird shit for 3 months).

The point of me mentioning it though is that the person selling girl2 and myself tickets felt the need to say "You do know it's a documentary don't you?" Now we're two 30-something people, ordering two adult tickets and no kids tickets so why say it? The only conclusion we could reach was that at least one adult in Middlesbrough had come out of the film and complained that it wasn't the hollywood blockbuster version with Tom Cruise that he/she had heard of. Now I'm not saying the gene pool is a bit shallow here or anything, but it's definitely muddy and very polluted....

Countup clock is now level with the countdown clock, though for the first time this year I really fancied a beer (at the japanese restaurant we went to before the film). I've lost nearly half a stone already though so will keep it up for a while longer!

No news on jobs yet, though I've chatted to a few agencies here and there. Nowt going yet.

And next week is the 5th month since my little speeding indiscretion and I've still not heard anything which no doubt means they're waiting for scientists to invent a few more zeros to add onto the end of my fine. I'm not building my hopes up that their incompetence extends to losing my details... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home