11 January 2006

I'm in that nice place at the moment, the one between the endorphine rush from doing exercise and the searing agony a day or so later. This is because I played football last night and had one of my good games.

Now those know me (or have played football with me) will know that I can play very well sometimes. In fact, occasionally I will have one of those games where everything goes right, goals go in, saves come off and onlookers will say of my fellow players, "You play football with *them*?"

However, on the other 51 weeks of the year I'm shite and onlookers will say to my fellow players, "You play football with *him*?"

But last night we won both our matches - the first after 3 saves from me kept us in it at 2-2 and then the winner was scored from my corner, and the second we won 5-3 with me scoring twice to go 4-3 up, saving a penalty, defending like a trojan and then setting up the final goal. Even our opponents applauded. Normal service will be resumed next week :)

Off to see the penguin film with girl 2 in a bit. It's something to do which doesn't involve drinking anyway!

Things I have learnt today:

Nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home