09 January 2008

After a couple of recent comments I got after chatting to people I'd just like to say that my last few posts haven't been bitter at all - that's just my dry sense of humour *rolls eyes*

2008 is looking up quite a bit already (I'm putting M down as, like, so last year, dude...). I've just agreed a support contract with some people I've worked with recently to provide a day a month's support/development. It's not a huge amount (a third of my mortgage payments roughly) but it's a step in the right direction. A few more of those and I can be a proper work-from-home layabout :)

Also, mad stalker Irish girl has emailed me to point out that a) she's not stalking me honest, it was just to annoy me, b) to apologise for how she acted after we fell out and c) to offer to repay me the money she owed me that she'd refused to do so last year - all completely out of the blue. An unexpectedly pleasant surprise to kick-off the year, so I shall now magnanimously refer to her as ex-stalker Irish girl, he he he.

And even more unexpectedly, a contract has suddenly appeared IN BRISTOL which I'm in the running for. I've had more near-misses than I care to remember on Bristol contracts so I'm not going to get carried away in the slightest. For now ;-)

Project Innumerate Pentagon (my board game) had progressed to a meeting later this month to flesh out the online version, Project Pointless Looking Glass (an utterly derivative waste of time that shall nonetheless keep me entertained) might well be completed next week and Project Gasping Lung will involve solicitors later this week if I can make the time.

[Anyone need a project named? I have hundreds of cool names just waiting to be used. Hmmm, maybe I could get a job in the military naming projects? No-one would suspect that the Death Ray Satellite would be under Project Overlapping Wing-backs would they?]

And if I ever feel bored I've always got my ongoing attempts to get Weston-Super-Mare out of the Blue Square South division on FM2008!

I was feeling so full of bonhomie today while I paid someone to change the oil in my car and clean it ('With a chamois, peasant!') that I bought Floyd a new bed. I'm a softie at heart:

It took him 5 minutes after I brought it back to be curled up in it. We clearly share the same taste in soft things to lie on ;-)

Finally, I listened to MOR by Alabama3 for the first time in months. I think it's now replaced La Peste as my favourite album of theirs. Well worth a listen for anyone who's not heard it/them. A truly unique sound!

All together now: "Amos Moses was a cajun, he lived by himself in a swamp........." :)

5 Comments:

At 12 January 2008 at 12:54, Blogger PrincessPolly said...

what a cute wee cat!

 
At 12 January 2008 at 16:32, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

Thanks! I won't tell him - it'll go to his head :)

 
At 17 January 2008 at 23:51, Blogger BB said...

Awww your kitteh is gorgeous! Love the little tent-bed too. I'm going to buy Bundy (my kitten) one of those. Providing I glue it to myself, seeing as he's still in that 'following Mum round every-goddamn-where' stage.

 
At 18 January 2008 at 20:35, Blogger Red Squirrel said...

So was Floyd until I put it down, then he was in their like a shot! :)

Bundy? As in Married With Children or the serial killer?

 
At 20 January 2008 at 00:32, Blogger BB said...

Hmm in that case, must definitely get one. Maybe then he'll stop following me to the toilet.

Oh, and it's the serial killer. Was a gorgeous and clever yet truly, truly evil man.

Why Floyd then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home